No announcement yet.

Wood burning stove for garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our personal best was 3.5 cords in one day. Cut, split, and stacked. My *** was dragging at the end though. It was mostly alder and maple, easy to split. Also didi that a few years ago, now I have a couple more years under my belt and dont think I would be up to it again!
    Welder/Fitter, I build heavy equipment attachments. ACS Coupler
    Equipment at home:
    Miller XMT 304
    Lincoln Powermig 250
    Airco Heliwelder 250

Sprint Car Crew Chief

Comment

Anyone use the old cast iron radiators and a water heater?

My goal has always been to do in-floor heat via hot water (glycol mix) if I build a shop from scratch, but the radiators would be a cheap alternative to more expensive methods. No issues with blowing shielding gasses away either.
      Syncrowave 250DX
      Invison 354MP
      XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
      Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
      Smith O/A rig
      And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy Jim

My goal has always been to do in-floor heat via hot water (glycol mix) if I build a shop from scratch, but the radiators would be a cheap alternative to more expensive methods. No issues with blowing shielding gasses away either.
        Buddy of mine has a 60x120 shop with 20' ceilings and it has in floor heat.That is the cats meow.we once did repairs to a lo-boy trailer that was covered wit 2+inches of snow,brought it in the shop at quiting time and by morning it was melted off and the floor was dry under it.Sure made working on the floor a lot nicer.Blowing away the sheilding gas isn`t a problem either.

Comment

My sister has a house they built from scratch with infloor heat. The contractor screwed up the heat zones, but after they got it sorted, it's been a very nice system. No cold feet.

It does take longer to respond than a gas/blower heater, but if you're not losing massive amounts of heat due to bay doors opening and closing all the time, it would be ideal (like for my intended use).
          Syncrowave 250DX
          Invison 354MP
          XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
          Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
          Smith O/A rig
          And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Another option to consider would be a pellet/corn stove. The fuel is cheap ($1-2 per day). Many models have 3 or 4 heat settings that allow for a continous regulated heat output that make burning for extended periods easy. They have a hopper (30-50lb capacity) that one has to fill and the ash is easy to handle too. The only drawback is that they are not cheap. Though it might be worth the mention in the spirit of looking at all options available. Good Luck.
            SolidWorks Premium
            SolidWorks Simulation Pro
            MM210 w/3035
            TA185TSW
            DG Piranha II
            Sharpie Deluxe
            Stars & Stripes BWE
            Blue Optrel Satellite

Comment

Working...
            X