Need Help NY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help NY

Well I need to hire a very good TIG welder and fabircator in the LI, Ny area. Where do you guys advertize to get workers or look? Also if anyone fits that in NY send me a PM.

Just a suggestion most of the best tig welders have worked in the aircraft industry .If i was living down south I would maybe seek someone that was a millitary aircraft welder . Not sure if this helps or not .
    Miller aerowave full feature
    Lincoln power mig 300 with prince gun
    dynasty 200 dx
    lincoln sp 135 plus
    302 trailblazer
    s22p12
    powcon starcut
    cp 400 metal spray

Comment

how about inquiring at some of the local hot rod shops?look in the yellow pages under frame fab or race car chassis builders.they should be able to help .by the way ,what are you building? wish i could help but just getting the hang of tig don`t have much use for it in my line ...yet

Comment

I dont know if this helps but i am located in Albany, NY and have a full tig setup. i mainly weld aluminum but do the occasional stainless with it when the right job comes along. if you want some proof that i can weld ill mail ya some beer cans that have been tigged together!

Comment

Originally posted by harmony
          Well I need to hire a very good TIG welder and fabircator in the LI, Ny area. Where do you guys advertize to get workers or look? Also if anyone fits that in NY send me a PM.
          Hey, the guy who goes by the username clintonwelding1 lives in your neck of the woods. Maybe he'll read this and you can hook up. I think he even has his own portable rig.
          Dynasty 350DX
          Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
          MM 350P
          MM Passport Plus
          Spectrum 375 Extreme
          08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

Hahahaha, Good one Kevin.

Comment

You never know... That might be the kick in the shorts Clinton needs to get set straight. He works in a weld store, maybe some access to people who strike arcs instead of deals would be what he's missing.

Engloid had to start somewhere too.
              Syncrowave 250DX
              Invison 354MP
              XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
              Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
              Smith O/A rig
              And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Thanks everyone thanks for the help. Clinton welding actually supplys my argon for the shop. I will look around.

Comment

where on LI are you what type of tig welding and fabrication? and shoot me an E-mail with some more specifics I know a welder or two and have a bunch of friend in the industry....
                  Lincoln SP170T
                  ESAB 875 Plasma
                  Smith oxy set
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  pulsed mig is next...

Long Island Cummins Ram Owners Club

Comment

Harmony, are you looking for an employee or just a person to do a job down there?
                    Trailblazer 302g
                    coolmate4
                    hf-251d-1
                    super s-32p
                    you can never know enough

Comment

Sorry for the late reply but im looking for a employee that can TIG weld 304ss. For example headers, exhaust systems, and so on. I think im goig to put up a wanted ad in the local welding supply store.

Comment

harmony,
                        You can go to www.welding.org and post the job and contact info. in our job bank. We get quite a few students from New York so maybe one will see the add. You can also call our number at 1-800-332-9448 and talk to our recruiter and have him post the job in our "job books" so our current students could see it as well. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X