Miller Equipment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Equipment

MILLER EQUIPMENTI WANT TO BUY A MILLER MACHINE TO BUILD ME A TROPHY TRUCK TO RACE THE BAJA 1000 WHICH ONE DO YOU RECOMEND THAT CAN COVER THE HOLE PROJECT??? ONLY HAVE MONEY FOR ONE

Aerowave might work in your case.
    Thermal Arc 185TSW, Lincoln SP135+, 4-post automotive hoist, 2x media blast cabinets, 50 ton press, 80gal air compressor, 4-1/2"x6" bandsaw, 4'x4' Torchmate CNC table with plate marker, Hypertherm Powermax 65 plasma cutter, ultrasonic cleaning stations

Comment

Originally posted by JHONY BAJA 1000
      MILLER EQUIPMENTI WANT TO BUY A MILLER MACHINE TO BUILD ME A TROPHY TRUCK TO RACE THE BAJA 1000 WHICH ONE DO YOU RECOMEND THAT CAN COVER THE HOLE PROJECT??? ONLY HAVE MONEY FOR ONE
      You need a new keyboard first; the Caps Lock seems to be stuck on the old one.

Comment

Aerowave he he he

Comment

I agree an aerowave is probably the best choice for YOU. Or you could wait for the new dynasty 500 it oughta cover all your needs for da trophy truck.
          Trailblazer 302g
          coolmate4
          hf-251d-1
          super s-32p
          you can never know enough

Comment

Aerowave??

There's a real nice one on Ebay right now!

Comment

Ah forget the Aerowave, get a weldor first.
              Thermal Arc 185TSW, Lincoln SP135+, 4-post automotive hoist, 2x media blast cabinets, 50 ton press, 80gal air compressor, 4-1/2"x6" bandsaw, 4'x4' Torchmate CNC table with plate marker, Hypertherm Powermax 65 plasma cutter, ultrasonic cleaning stations

Comment

And now down to the question, There are parts that should be tig welded and there are some that mig is great. I am in favor of tig, but it is slower and requires much more skill so it becomes more labor intensive. Also the fit up is more critical with tig. You know your skill so are you an novice, moderate welding skill or a skilled professional. Each of these will gain importance as the quality of the cage carries your life within its midst. I have seen some real crap pass tech, but typically Baja racing won't pass crap.

So here is the base line I would recomend.

A Dynasty 200DX would do fine for most of the job and hire out the heavier engine mounts and such, this tig is very capable through 1/4" on steel.

If a mig is more your necesitity, then the mm210 will bring home the bang for the buck spent award.

I own both of these machines and they will perform flawlessly in trained hands.

Peace,

Comment

can you say "troll"?

hey pj,

Your answers are perfect, but he might, just might, be a troll. Let's be real quiet for a minute and see if he goes away.

If not, he should do what you said.

so there.

JD

Comment

thanks everyvody

thanks every body for your anseweres as you can see, i dont now **** about welding but the situation and the money it costs to at list build a pre runer,, plus my work and that i am just married 1 year 4 months,buying a new car for me and my wife ,,,fixing the apartment,,re investment in my small bussines,,,gas, rent,,and that my income is about 2200 to 3000 dlls a month it lives me no other choice but to buy me a miller machine an learn my self..so dont get mad because i am going to ask a lot of stupid questions!!!!!!!!and what tools that i need!!!and no i am not goin to build a trophy truck i am going to make my 1998 F 150 a preruner then wen wen i get really beter at this a class 1 bugy so i am going to ask you guys and girls a lot of stupid questions.

P.S. I live in tijuana that means i am mexican born and raise and 2200 3000 a month its not so bad for starters ..My wife and I are geting in to the fast food bussines for 2006 an that means 800 to 1500 dlls a day God wiling!!!so wish us luck every body may be you see us at november at the baja 1000 at the contingency at ensenada whit our fast food stand and whit my race ready stock full class F 150

Comment

i am going to ask you guys and girls a lot of stupid questions.
                      Stupid questions are fine. We have lots of answers, some stupid, some useful. If you have the budget for a trophy truck, then you have the budget for the right welding equipment for each welding task. A MIG welder is the best general machine for fabrication of most things, but a TIG machine is popular for ultra aesthetic beads or critical welds where MIG is not practical. Of course, if you have the experience to be welding on truck frames, you'll know the difference already. Your question was for suggestions of Miller equipment. It's a useless question almost without giving us a budget, though we would assume you can afford to race trophy trucks. I recommend a Millermatic 210 or 251 as the MIG. If you decide you need a TIG also I you'll probably want portable to a degree, so look at a Maxstar 200 or 300 if your new restaurant budget allows it, unless you need aluminum capability from the TIG, in which case you want the Dynasty series.

Mild rant follows: IN GENERAL, there is no foul language on this board, please keep it that way. Why would you walk in to a room filled with people you don't know, and talk like that?

Comment

MAC702, rants are an occasional necessity on this board!
                        SolidWorks Premium
                        SolidWorks Simulation Pro
                        MM210 w/3035
                        TA185TSW
                        DG Piranha II
                        Sharpie Deluxe
                        Stars & Stripes BWE
                        Blue Optrel Satellite

Comment

You know,(IMHO)if I were going to build a race truck and was on a budget I think I would buy a good engine driven unit that I could tig and mig with. Then when at the track your good to go if (when) ya break something.
                          Good luck,
                          Bulldog
                          5 Passport Pluses
                          2 MM 212's
                          MM 210
                          MM 251 MIA
                          MM 350 P w/Python
                          Syncrowave 250
                          w/ tig runner
                          Trailblazer 302
                          12RC w/meters
                          Spectrum 1000
                          Spectrum 2050
                          2 Black BWEs
                          Joker BWE
                          Star & stripe BWE Digital
                          2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
                          CUMMINS BABY

Comment

Bulldog:
                            The Baja isn't a track, it is an endurance race of major offroad proportions accross the most inhospitable piece of american soil. An engine drive is a good idea, but help is always a long way away.

Peace,

Comment

Well I'd say he has other things to worry about before thinking about building a baja truck that will probaly have every welded joint on the truck stressed near its limits and that is taking some welding classes and learn how to weld first. I mean he says he doesnt know s**t about welding but wants to build a race truck?

Comment

Working...
                              X