X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90blackcrx
    started a topic My new toy

My new toy

30 minutes late, while on the phone with the shipping company he pulls up. By the way the life gate was free, although I had to help him get it on a pallet. And when he was wheeling it, if I did not hold onto it, it would of fell off.

Everyone that has helped me, thank you so much

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72.../NewToy001.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72.../NewToy002.jpg

• 90blackcrx
    replied
    Originally posted by unixadm
    If it's just slightly off and it bugs you - drill the mounting holes out on the bracket just a bit to give you some additional adjusting room.
    I'd rather put the pedal on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• unixadm
    replied
    If it's just slightly off and it bugs you - drill the mounting holes out on the bracket just a bit to give you some additional adjusting room.

Leave a comment:

• Burl
    replied
    Mine's straight but had to hold it straight while I tightened the screws. The clear tubes are the small 1lb packaging for filler rod.

Leave a comment:

• 90blackcrx
    replied
    Its a tad off, you can tell in person. The bolts barely want to go in when you have the foot pedal off, not a perfect fit.

Leave a comment:

• RadMan
    replied
    [QUOTE=90blackcrx]Thank you, yeah its a little crooked. Just did not feel right putting something that was going to be crooked on a brand new machine, *shrugs*.snip

It doesn't look crooked to me...........?

Leave a comment:

• 90blackcrx
    replied
    Originally posted by Burl
    Here're are a couple pic's of the foot pedal installed in what I believe to be the correct place.
    Thank you, yeah its a little crooked. Just did not feel right putting something that was going to be crooked on a brand new machine, *shrugs*.

Thanks though.

By the way, are those clear tubes holding filler rod ? Where did you get them if so ?

Leave a comment:

• Burl
    replied
    Foot Pedal

Here're are a couple pic's of the foot pedal installed in what I believe to be the correct place.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• joebass
    replied
    I find aluminum "easier". I hate stainless,although I do quite a bit of it. Stainless warps terrible, needs ample gas coverage while welding and post flow. and is VERY hard for the beginner to get the heat just right.

Leave a comment:

• 90blackcrx
    replied
    Originally posted by big"d"
    Probably the easiest
    Oh yeah ? Ok thanks a lot.

If I'm welding sch40 pipeing, that is 1 1/4 diameter, roughly what should the width of the bead be ?

Leave a comment:

• big"d"
    replied
    "No"

Probably the easiest

Leave a comment:

• 90blackcrx
    replied
    Is stainless steel hard to weld ?

Leave a comment:

• 90blackcrx
    replied
    Thanks

I still need to figure out how this foot pedal holder goes, the only screws that it would mount to, make the foot pedal holder sit crooked and thats the last thing I need on my machine.

Leave a comment:

• wb5jhy
    replied
    crx

You should have an arc in a second or less as long as you have gas and are holding the tungsten about 1/8" to the workpiece. Also, make sure you have a good ground. Just stomp on the pedal and it should be almost instant.

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    As for the preflow, youre the only one with this machine so far so it will be hard to get an anser there. Looking at the front pannel , it looks like it probably has a preset preflow (not adjustable). I'm sure there is a preflow either way. I would think they should mention it in the manual.
    I'm not sure on this but the eratic arc could be from too much distance between the tungsten and the work.
    Have you been following Farmboywelders post "tig question" ? There is some good advice there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X