No announcement yet.

My new toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that was odd too. You'd put lots of stress on the conductors hanging a big cable off that socket.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Originally posted by PUMPKINHEAD
      Yep, turn it around, the CORRECT direction, is the reverse of a 120v, ground hole up. (a professional spark installed that? musta been on a Monday)
      Yep he installd it, he forgot his hole saw that day and was very unprofessional. He used the bathroom more then I did that day. And guess what, they never called me back today .

Miller told me the foot pedal holder is suppose to mount where I thought it was, but with 2 bolts. It does mount there, but its crooked. I will get pictures later.

Does anyone know if you can tighten that fitting ?
      http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72...rx/leak002.jpg

The part where it goes into the gauge, the only way I can imagine is if you put a pair of vice grips on it, but thats really going to mess with the finish. And I hate for miller to tell me I caused that.
      http://www.rcautoworks.com

Comment

I suspect the leak is to the right (your thumb side in pic.) without a bubble test this is speculation, but i have yet to run into a leak in the nipple/reg. body connection, while the cylinder socket gets banged up by all those that used that bottle before you, also that hex nut needs to be tight to seal.
        bubble test, only cure at this point. i use kids bubbles (you know the stuff for blowing bubbles) beats dishsoap an' water hands down.

you got bad luck with the regulators lately, huh.

Comment

Yeah - befure you speculate where the leak is - bubble test it. I like that idea and have saved it PUMPKINHEAD, using bottles of bubble mix to test for leaks. Duh.. seems pretty logical. haha.

Save a few bucks and buy a real flow meter, that way you get precise gas metering. Also look into a gas saver line or a shorter rubber gas hose. When the gas sits in the rubber hose, the pressure rises. So when you open your gas solenoid, it expels more gas at the start. I ordered up about $160 worth of stuff from GSS to custom make all new 1/8" ID gas hoses for my machines to cut down on wasted gas. My buddy gave it a try last year and he said there is a good decrease in gas waste/usage. We'll see.

So have you welded with this thing yet or what? Us guys don't care about pedal holders and outlets, we want to see some beads!
          David W.
          Machines: Millermatic Passport; Millermatic 350P, Dynasty 300DX TIGRunner, TD Cutmaster 51 Plasma, Hypertherm 190C Plasma,
          Machinery and Project Pictures: Click Here

Comment

I'm surprised the 200 did not come with a flow meter instead of a preasure regulater. When you bubble test it, make sure you test both sides of the nut that go's on youre bottle, the threaded side and the side the tube gos through it.
            To all who contribute to this board.
            My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
            Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
            Miller Syncrowave 250
            Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

I did the soap test and found nothing.

On another note I fixed the electrical box cover, not the plug just the cover.
              http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72...rx/plug007.jpg

But I also found a hole on the other side that I never seen been. Is this normal.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72...rx/plug008.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by unixadm
                I like that idea and have saved it PUMPKINHEAD, using bottles of bubble mix to test for leaks. Duh.. seems pretty logical. haha.
                Uh huh, and when your bored you take 'em up onna catwalk in a factory an' blow bubbles, freaks out the people below, 'nother fun thing is candy boxes, you know the kind with a tuck in flap, blowin' through those makes a squeeky sound, juvenile, but a lotta fun. ahhhh, boredom.

Comment

Looks like it was capped and lost, or never capped.
                  -Paul
                  'Many people join metal with electricity, skill and patience. I do it with only electricity and luck.'

Comment

Originally posted by 90blackcrx
                    I did the soap test and found nothing.

On another note I fixed the electrical box cover, not the plug just the cover.
                    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72...rx/plug007.jpg

But I also found a hole on the other side that I never seen been. Is this normal.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72...rx/plug008.jpg

well, first chopping up the weather-tite cover was not a good idea, but with the missing plug, what the **** !! more water in there aint gonna hurt anything anymore than before you chopped it

Comment

Just go to the hardware store and pick up a plug in the electrical isle for the box hole

Comment

Originally posted by burninbriar
                        I'm surprised the 200 did not come with a flow meter instead of a preasure regulater. When you bubble test it, make sure you test both sides of the nut that go's on youre bottle, the threaded side and the side the tube gos through it.

It is a flowmeter, just a dial one, not one of the vertical floaty ball ones.

Comment

crx, now that you have hacked the weather proof box, you need a way to seal around the cord to keep the weather out. Go to your nearest home fixit store and pickup a bar of duck seal, its a grey putty in a one pound bar. Pinch some off and mold it around the cord to seal off all the openings. Pick up a cap for that junction box while you're at it. Lastly, leave the extension cord plugged in on the weather proof box end unless you want to re-seal it each time.
                          hre

Comment

Originally posted by unixadm

So have you welded with this thing yet or what? Us guys don't care about pedal holders and outlets, we want to see some beads!

Yea, don't sweat the small stuff. Let's see how the new toy works.
                            Show us some beads.

Comment

I had to hack the clear box up, or I would not of been able to test my welder . Its all sealed off and there is no way in **** anything can get in there.

But they are coming back out to fix the plug, the guy said I will talk to the service man that was out there, and ask him why he mounted it sideways, maybe a saftey issue he said. I said no I don't think so, I don't think so.

Anyways....
                              Well I got to tig about two times, my brand new craftsman bench grinder broke. The one side has major run out, swapped 3 disc to each side to make sure it was not the disc . It was making a weird noise not to long ago either . One thing after another. Anyone ever run into a problem like this with there bench grinder ? Basically the grinding wheel really really wobbles. Its tight on the arbor and everything else checks out. The dam thing vibrates like a son of a .... it rattled the light out of the unit. Don't understand how it could break so soon, its like I'm missing something but I'm not. I put the two stock wheels back on to make sure the aftermarket wheels were not the problem, and that did not help at all.

And since I'm new at tig, let me get a few beads down first and mess around. One question though, how do you know how much filler to dip into the puddle ? Do you dip enough to get the puddle about 1/4 wide ?

Comment

Originally posted by 90blackcrx

One question though, how do you know how much filler to dip into the puddle ? Do you dip enough to get the puddle about 1/4 wide ?
                                do yourself a FAVOR find someone to show you how to work that machine. if you don't your going to be pulling your own chain.

Comment

Working...
                                X