Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new toy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Still doesn't look like it would line up on two holes though. Maybe I'm just seeing it wrong. Would be easier if I were there.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

    Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by frank865
      And number two, the foot pedal holder that bolts up to the cart, the bolt pattern on the machine is not right.


      It looks like you only use 2 of the holes, There are 4 so it could mount on either side.
      And the bolt chain hook bolts to the top, there are no holes like that in mine radman

      I thought they also but it will not bolt up to 2 of the holes, it will bolt up to only 1, and it hits the other one. Other side is exactly the same.

      On another note, my electrician installed this, and the extension cord does not fit in there.

      http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72...crx/lec003.jpg
      http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72...crx/lec005.jpg

      Either I will take the plastic clear part off and reinstall a bigger box, or have him come back and do it right.

      Or I can by an extension cord that has a straight plug and not a right angle plug like the one b&r sells, but I don't know of anyone else that sells another extension cord.
      http://www.rcautoworks.com

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Fishy Jim
        Still doesn't look like it would line up on two holes though. Maybe I'm just seeing it wrong. Would be easier if I were there.
        You are right, the holes do not line up.

        I took a drill and just started drilling into the brand new, freashly painted machine. .... .. . . Just kidding.

        I don't know how it goes, neither did my brother.

        I was thinking the tig runner package covered something up, but in the instructions it shows it with it on there.
        http://www.rcautoworks.com

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by 90blackcrx
          This was suppose to be here yesterday, and since no one called me to set up an appointment, it sat there.

          I just wanted to make sure it was going to get here.
          Just razzing ya, somebody around here has to, after all, you are one of the first in NA with this new 200.
          hre

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by 90blackcrx
            Or I can by an extension cord that has a straight plug and not a right angle plug like the one b&r sells, but I don't know of anyone else that sells another extension cord.

            yes, you can get a straight plug instead of an angled plug. Get a straight plug and make up your own cord to save a bit of money. I wouldn't wreck or change that nice box, but would work with it and wire on a straight plug.
            hre

            Comment


            • #21
              Good looking machine! I have not welded with the 200, but understand it has a very sweet and stable low end arc and a nice strong HF generator. Been way too busy to p-type any machines so post some pics in action.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Coalsmoke
                yes, you can get a straight plug instead of an angled plug. Get a straight plug and make up your own cord to save a bit of money. I wouldn't wreck or change that nice box, but would work with it and wire on a straight plug.
                I already bought the extension cord, and it was not cheap. I did not mind the price at all, but I hate to hack it up.

                The electrician said he will take care of me, but he is busy right now. So wait time would be a month.

                On another note I got a question about the bottle and gas pressure.

                If I open up the bottle, and it shoots to about 2,000 psi in the bottle, and then I close it right away, should the psi hold there ? Or should it go down slowly ?

                I had a leak but I fixed it and I hear nothing else leaking.
                http://www.rcautoworks.com

                Comment


                • #23
                  90crx:
                  Congrats on the machine, weld well weld safe Grasshopper!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by pjseaman
                    90crx:
                    Congrats on the machine, weld well weld safe Grasshopper!
                    Thank you

                    So anyone know anything about the gas ? Should the psi stay the same, even after I close the bottle ?
                    http://www.rcautoworks.com

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I believe it's pretty normal for the pressure to slowly bleed off. The correct thing is to close your bottle then hit the pedal to bleed the gas. The last step is to back off the regulator to relieve the pressure on the spring. If the regulator is backed off so it prevents flow any leak in the bottle valve will cause pressure to build on the high side gage. That being said many people just close the vave on the bottle and call it good. Since argon is inert it not a big safety deal like with O/A.

                      Dennis

                      PS Congrats on the new Synch.
                      Dennis


                      Thermal Arc 185-TSW
                      Millermatic Challenger 172
                      VictorO/A
                      Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
                      Esab PCM-875
                      Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by tailshaft56
                        I believe it's pretty normal for the pressure to slowly bleed off. The correct thing is to close your bottle then hit the pedal to bleed the gas. The last step is to back off the regulator to relieve the pressure on the spring. If the regulator is backed off so it prevents flow any leak in the bottle valve will cause pressure to build on the high side gage. That being said many people just close the vave on the bottle and call it good. Since argon is inert it not a big safety deal like with O/A.

                        Dennis

                        PS Congrats on the new Synch.
                        Thanks, I listened close for leaks and heard nothing. I mean if something were leaking I would think I would hear it, or the leak would be noticeable ( drop in pressure fast )

                        But for some odd reason, when I first installed the gauge, the high side pressure gauge was leaking from the male fitting, and there is really no way to turn that anymore. So I took everything off and looked underneath from where it was leaking, and I saw a piece of teflon tape ( I think ) so I took it off and just cleaned it with my finger.

                        Reinstalled everything, and the leak was gone. I will use soapy water tomorrow just to double check.

                        By the way my Lincoln gauge drops pressure a little, but I'm pretty sure it holds it then after its closed.

                        And still have not figured the foot pedal holder out, should I email miller ?
                        http://www.rcautoworks.com

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I would just call tig support at Miller. They can probably walk you through it or figure out if there is a problem pretty quick.

                          Dennis
                          Dennis


                          Thermal Arc 185-TSW
                          Millermatic Challenger 172
                          VictorO/A
                          Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
                          Esab PCM-875
                          Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            On youre plug , you should be able to unscrew the recepticle and turn it around.
                            Maybe you could take a picture of the top of the bottle rack, the drawing shows the holes where the hooks go.
                            To all who contribute to this board.
                            My sincere thanks , Pete.

                            Pureox OA
                            Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
                            Miller Syncrowave 250
                            Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I figured out the bottle chain. I emailed miller about the foot pedal holder and there are two 200dx machines out there. Thats why the bolt pattern is like that. But miller said two bolts are suppose to be used, and I swear 1 bolt would indeed bolt up, but the other one was not close. I will check that out.

                              As far as the gauge and leak goes, I talk to Hank and I'm pretty sure I have a leak. I will find out if its on the low or high side, if its on the high side then. I still suspect its leaking from the same spot, see picture

                              And there is no way to tighten that. ( no fitting there ). Its leaking to the left of my finger, where the gauge meets the male fitting. NOT where it screws into the bottle. Any ideas ?

                              http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72...rx/leak002.jpg
                              http://www.rcautoworks.com

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by burninbriar
                                On youre plug , you should be able to unscrew the recepticle and turn it around.
                                Yep, turn it around, the CORRECT direction, is the reverse of a 120v, ground hole up. (a professional spark installed that? musta been on a Monday)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X