X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billet Benny
    replied
    Originally posted by hotrodwillys
    I was going to buy the Miller dynasty 300DX but cant justify spending that much.

What would you guess the thickest metal I would be able to use at 60 amps?

It will be very easy for me to upgrade the service to my garage because when I built it I ran a 4" ppc pipe from my house to the garage.But will probably wait till spring for that.

Thanks again, Dave

I say without a problem you'll be able to get about 200 amps of output. I've run my 250 on a 60 amp breaker and could do that. You'll need the heavier service to really open it up though.

Leave a comment:

• hotrodwillys
    replied
    I was going to buy the Miller dynasty 300DX but cant justify spending that much.

What would you guess the thickest metal I would be able to use at 60 amps?

It will be very easy for me to upgrade the service to my garage because when I built it I ran a 4" ppc pipe from my house to the garage.But will probably wait till spring for that.

Thanks again, Dave

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Hey Dave,
    The syncro 250 will run fine on 60 amps. Now that being said you have to remember if you want to use total capacity of the 250 you will need to jump to about 100 amps.
    By the way the 250 DX is one fine machine!
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• Compchassis
    replied
    You will be able to turn it on and do some light welding, but any heavy welding will pop the breaker.

I recently purchased a Synchrowave 351 and just to test it I plugged it into my regular 60 amp welder plugs. I have used it up to about 150 amps output so far and it welds fine, but, occasionally when you turn on the welder it will trip the breaker.

Leave a comment:

• imported_hotrodwillys
    started a topic SYNCROWAVE 250DX on 60 amps

SYNCROWAVE 250DX on 60 amps

Hi Everyone,going to be buying the 250DX Syncrowave and right now I only have 60 amps to my shop, what's the chances of using this machine with 60 amps of power until I have a chance to upgrade the power? I realize I cant turn the machine all the way up, what size material would I be able to practice on?

Thanks Dave
Working...
X