Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a real happy camper with Miller at the moment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a real happy camper with Miller at the moment.

I have been a devout Miller user for years and parts have always been readily available for any machine I ever owned. So, when I came across a good used 8 year old Syncrowave 351 I never thought twice about purchasing it.

The machine didnt have the pulser option in it, but I figured no problem, I will get it later after I get the machine all set up. Guess what, Miller has discontinued all of the optional modules for the machine.

This is an 8 year old machine, not 30. Why has miller already discontinued parts for it? Do they figure that all of these machines they sold are so good that they are never going to need repair?

If that's the case, then they should have NO problems giving you the schematic for that module and allowing you to have one made.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Compchassis - look before you leap.

Also, why not just get a PC300? Most of the sequencer options require a 4t triggering method to work. Do you really want to use a push button that bad?

Comment

pulser still available

The pulser option is still available for your machine, just not as a module. So on the pulser instead of ordering p/n 042-645 you would need to order the individual parts. The parts required would be:
        093-551- knob (3 required)
        139-507- switch (1 required)
        139-528- circut card (1 required)
        139-398- circut card (1 required)
        142-140- Cable

You will have to call to see if the plate is still available, it is specific to serial number, or you could make your own?
        Out of the above list the only thing not in stock is the 142-140 cable, that can be found here: http://www.dpni.com/partlocator.cfm
        search under miller mfg, part number 141140.
        best of luck, BW

Comment

Originally posted by GTA/SPEC
          Compchassis - look before you leap.

Also, why not just get a PC300? Most of the sequencer options require a 4t triggering method to work. Do you really want to use a push button that bad?

That's what I want, but you have to look used because Miller has discontinued the pc300. Hard for me to believe because I'd think they'd always continue to sell well.

Comment

I have heard different stories on the pc300 being discontinued. I bought one a while back and am pleased with it.

The bad thing about them is that they're list priced at $600. The pulser cards that go in the syncrowave 250's are $150. Big difference in price.

Comment

Working...
            X