learning aids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• learning aids

I'm currently enrolled in a instructors course at a local college. Part of the media course is to design and post a web site, something that you could direct your students to. This web site must have information that is relevent to your teaching. If some of you have a few minutes could you possibly visit my site? I could use some constructive tips on background, text colour(is it easy/hard to read?), is the material informative?, and is it fun/appealing? Thanks and have a good day!!
    http://www.expage.com/page/floydbworld

Cheers, and
    are we there yet?

Looks like a good start. Would you be able to get rid of that flashing banner at the top of the page?
    hre

Comment

Also, the page needs some of your content right off the bat, either a small essay on grinder safety by you, or a compilation of information that is properly cited, or maybe the top 5 safety tips. If there is something like that to read, I'll read it, but I won't follow the links unless I am REALLY interested in the subject.
      hre

Comment

Originally posted by Coalsmoke
        Also, the page needs some of your content right off the bat, either a small essay on grinder safety by you, or a compilation of information that is properly cited, or maybe the top 5 safety tips. If there is something like that to read, I'll read it, but I won't follow the links unless I am REALLY interested in the subject.
        i agree mabey just a clip of what is said in the article to peak your interest
        The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

If I may suggest, I would recommend making the diamond plate in the background static. I design websites and am willing to help any way I can.

Also, change the color of the blue links at the bottom, they are hard to read.
          Dynasty 200dx
          Lincoln Electric MIG 135

2XTREEM DIGITAL STUDIO

Comment

redo website

Thanks guys/gals for looking, the banner at the top is advertising, part of the program unfortunatly. I did redo the link buttons to x's, I think it is better. I do agree with the more discriptive thing though. I'm going to give each discription a bigger shot in the arm to peak interest.
            Dokterspeed: could you elaborate on the background, I really do not understand what you mean by "static", thanks.

Cheers, and
            are we there yet?

Comment

I think it might be easier to read if you lock the background image and allow the text to scroll over the background.
              Dynasty 200dx
              Lincoln Electric MIG 135

2XTREEM DIGITAL STUDIO

Comment

ahhhhh static

gottcha, thanks for the pull out of the mud !

Cheers, and
                are we there yet?

Comment

Keep us posted every now and then with updates on how this instructors' course is going. Sounds interesting.
                  hre

Comment

that's a can do

Will do, should be doing practicum by fall 06'.

Cheers, and
                    are we there yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X