X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henrob 2000

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/p...ProductID=1269

Henrob 2000 (Dillon Mark IV) Master Torch Kit

Welds Like a TIG, Cuts Like a Plasma Cutter - With the Henrob 2000 from Cobra Torches just change the tip and you can do either. This oxy-acetylene is the best of both worlds. From the most delicate aluminum to plate steel over 1/2" thick, while operating at only 4 psi. This master kit comes with 3 additional pieces not found in the standard kit (curved extension, #0.5 and #2.5 tips). Used and recommended by many of the most renowned metal workers and fabricators Lifetime manufacturer's warranty. Made in the USA.

Anyone have this torch, and what do you think about it?? I was thinking of buying it to toy with and cut metal
    J & J Speed Shop
    (716) 830-0506
    www.JandJSpeedShop.com
    [email protected]

sweet

it is suposed to be a realy sweet torch, a bit more $$$ than i have but Jessy James has one not shoure if that counts for much , but he dose do some nice metal work weather you like what he is making or not ya gota like a good bead. i watched him welding some aluminum with it and it worked real sweet.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

the pistolgrip torch is supposted to be real comfortable. if i had the cash i probally order one.

Comment

Originally posted by Coalsmoke
        I've heard the exact opposite. Nice torch for lightweight stuff, but if you already are used to a conventional torch or tig, order an extension for the tips so that you can choke up on it and get good control. Just a manner of preference is all. It seems that most who have little prior experience with conventional torches have fewer issues with the pistol grip design.

I tend to hold mine like I hold a tig torch doing fine work. The pistol gip is ok but I learned on a traditional torch so I had to unlearn a few things. Not to be boastful, I'm pretty **** good with it but the transition to its subtlties was not so speedy as you might think. The good thing about it is you hold the torch at the same angles as you do TIG, so it is a nice learning aid before startgin GTAW.

Comment

Originally posted by JnJSpdShop
          http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/p...ProductID=1269

Henrob 2000 (Dillon Mark IV) Master Torch Kit

Welds Like a TIG, Cuts Like a Plasma Cutter - With the Henrob 2000 from Cobra Torches just change the tip and you can do either. This oxy-acetylene is the best of both worlds. From the most delicate aluminum to plate steel over 1/2" thick, while operating at only 4 psi. This master kit comes with 3 additional pieces not found in the standard kit (curved extension, #0.5 and #2.5 tips). Used and recommended by many of the most renowned metal workers and fabricators Lifetime manufacturer's warranty. Made in the USA.

Anyone have this torch, and what do you think about it?? I was thinking of buying it to toy with and cut metal
          I have one, a Dillon Mark III which was made in Australia -- it's the same unit as the Henrob.
          If you have the low pressure regulators, it will weld aluminum -- the ability to lower the heat helps keep from blowing through the metal. The lower pressure also helps keep the cost of the gas down by using less.

As far as cutting goes, it will get the job done. Saw a guy breeze though 1/2" steel with it -- that sold me on buying one.

I bought the Millermatic 210 with the spool gun to weld aluminum, <BUT> it won't weld thin stock, and my torch will weld aluminum beer cans together.
          I'm going to keep it for welding thin metal.

Jim
          Millermatic 210 Dual Regulators & Tanks
          Spoolmatic 3035
          Miller Syncrowave 200
          Miller MSW 42 Portable Spot Welder

Comment

Working...
          X