No announcement yet.

Helmet Giveaway For Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite Miller is my MM210 with the 3035 spool gun. I was told that it would not be the best and I would not be happy with it by the local rep trying to get me to go up in product...WAS HE WRONG. I have never been happier with it. I am love the Syncrowave 250, I am going to purchase one soon as I only have used one at the local college to prep for some tests. It will be the machine I will buy next. The problem is I have been happy with all my Miller machines, I have had 6 so far and now currently have three. Thanks

Comment

I would have to say my favorite product is my Dynasty 200DX and Coolmate 3. They have performed flawlessly since the day I first plugged them in, and have impressed me greatly with their capabilities. I will continue to look to Miller for my welding equipment needs, and plan to purchase a MIG welder sometime in the near future- which will be a Miller no doubt.

Comment

Its hard to chose my favorite Miller product. Maybe its that MM251 thats always ready for the job. Or how about that Dynasty 200DX for that important Weld. Or maybe, its knowing thats these products are backed by a great company made up of great people. Thanks Miller

Comment

I can think of several here that have been far more helpful to others than I’ve been able to be, but I’ll give this a shot anyway.

I’d have to say my favorite Miller is a popular one around these parts, my Trailblazer 301G. There are a few new features on the new 302 that look really nice, but since the 301G is what I have still, it’s my favorite. Any newbies can look at that as an endorsement of the 302, though.

This machine has the finest arc of anything I’ve used in my entire career, including 3-phase shop machines, like my old Miller CP-200. Plus, its independent power generator is awesome when two of us are working together as the aux. power doesn’t interfere with the arc in any way. Not to mention, at 9.5 kW, we’ve been able to provide plenty of power at our volunteer jobsites for several others, as well.

I think I was probably the first to get Miller’s upgrade of this machine (I installed the new PC Board myself) to allow it to work with 115 VAC feeders, like my old Millermatic 80A, and it works exceptionally well in all processes. Its Kohler engine hasn’t once hiccupped and it looks darn good in the back of a pickup!

We sold a few Millers along with some other machines to help finance our current endeavors, but the TB301G was NOT one of them, and you can bet as soon as I can replace/upgrade the others, they will be Millers again!

I know it was a choice of which question to answer, but I’ll definitely go ahead and mention that my next purchase will most likely be the Millermatic Passport 180. What’s NOT to like? Lightweight inverter, input power versatility, self-contained CO2 source, nice looking protective suitcase; it’d be one of the best money makers in the shop AND on the pickup!

Comment

Well boys, since I’m a different person, I guess I’m eligible to give it shot, eh? I usually let Mac say any input I provide, which isn’t much anyway, as I’m usually the one installing some big electrical job while he’s playing in the shop, out on the welding truck, or here with y’all. But, since another hood around the place is a good idea, I thought I’d go ahead and register in case it turned out to be a random drawing, even though I certainly think it would go to one of the real contributors that Mac has mentioned to me on several occasions. Then again, if I did win, it’d help Mac anyway since whenever we are both welding (which is often enough) I always get his old Jackson auto, and he’s stuck with the plain old Lincoln (am I allowed to say that here?) If I win, he can keep the Jackson, because I’ll have a Miller!

My favorite Miller product was our Maxstar 140 STR (and yes, I had to ask Mac what the model number was!) He says it’s been totally updated to a newer one though, the 150 STH. I read the sheet on it and yeah, that’d certainly be my favorite of the current models! We sold it recently to help finance our traveling volunteer work, but in actuality it would have been extremely handy here in welding the steam lines, a much easier machine than the old Lincolns the job was actually done with, and the whole TIG package would have fit in our (my!) suitcase!

Plus, I was very impressed with how much easier it was to weld with than the other stick machines I learned on in the IBEW school. Mac says my 6010s with it are awesome. Maybe he just means for a girl, I dunno.

Comment

My favorite miller product is my Dynasty 300. Miller was the first inverter based welder I learned of, and I just love the arc control and the power efficiency.
              ~petev

Comment

I would have to go with the dynasty 200dx. The broad range of settings, high top end and ability to work on a variety of input power sources make it quite the versatile little workhorse. Add in the best post-purchase support around and it's certainly at the top of my wish list.

Comment

“What is your favorite Miller product and why OR if you were going to purchase a new Miller product which one would it be and why?”

I will be purchasing the miller syncrowave 180sd very soon. I will be purchasing this for a number of reasons, the main one would be to expand my business as an automotive mechanic/fabricator. Right now I only own a mig welder and that can only take you so far in this business.
                  http://www.rcautoworks.com

Comment

If I were to purchase a new Miller product it would be the Aerowave because I have a need to compensate.

Comment

A dynasty 200DX would be my only choice. I've worked with Miller welders before in our shop, and was impressed. For a personal welder at home in a foreign country with poorly filtered power, and voltages which aren't compatable with 99% of the welders out there...the multi voltage capabilities of the Dynasty is the answer to my prayers!

Comment

Its a tough choice between a MM 251 or a Dynasty 200 DX. I could really use the extra horsepower and features of the 251 over my Hobart 175. I've also been asking the wife for a new machine to TIG with. I figure why not go with the best out there. The 200 DX fits my amperage needs, plus it has all those cool buttons

Comment

Hi. I currently only have one Miller product - my Syncrowave 180SD. I've had it for about 2 months and so far I've only done steel with it. I'm amazed at the amount of control that this machine/process gives you and I love it. I was hooked after only a short time playing with it. I'm welding things that wouldn't be possible with my MIG machines and with much greater control than my O/A setup allows me.

For me, this was really my only option when looking for a TIG machine. The 250, 350 and Dynasty machines were out of my beginner's TIG price range so I narrowed it down to either getting a TIG torch for my one MIG machine, the Econotig or the Syncrowave 180SD. The TIG attachment on my MIG wouldn't give me the capability to do AC aluminum and the Syncrowave wasn't that much more than the EconoTIG so my choice became clear with the 180SD. The Miller name also had a lot to do with my decision as well knowing that I was buying from the best in the business. I'll probably be looking to upgrade my MIG machine to a MillerMatic 251 at some point in the future when my funds allow me that luxury.

Steve
                          Learning something new everyday . . .

Miller Syncrowave 180
                          Snap-On Muscle Mig 250
                          Airco Dip/Stick 160 w/aluminum spool gun
                          Victor W-J Oxy Fuel setup

Comment

I have two miller products,a 25 year old Millermatic 200(serial#JA 441262) and a newer Maxstar 150.I took alot of shop classes in high school and really liked the metal fabrication and welding class.A couple years out of school I missed doing that stuff and talked my Dad into buying a welder.I wanted to get one of the red ones,because thats what we had in school.He wanted to get a Miller because thats what they used at Briggs & Stratton were he worked.As usual he was right,the Millermatic has never had anything go wrong and theres been alot of wire run through it.It is definitely my favorite Miller product.
                            Just your average Joe who likes to build stuff!!

Millermatic 200
                            Maxstar 150

Comment

If I could buy...

If I was going to buy a new Miller product it would be the Trailblazer 302G with accesories of course. I would love to have the versatality to weld anything along with portable power anywhere anytime.

At work I have a MM251 and think it is a great shop welder with a wide range of adjustability.

Comment

If I was to buy another Miller product it would be the Maxstar 150 STH...I like the dual voltage set up ability and the ability to Tig.

Comment

Working...
                                X