Plasma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawk:
    I've used the HT 600 and the HT 1200, I feel there both good machines but the 600 was really hard on consumables cutting what I felt was fairly normal material, although it was tempered high carbon steel. The consumables were only good for 20 to 30 feet of cutting, but the 1200 had no similarities on the same power and air lines, and would hundreds of feet without a hiccup.

The salesman couldn't explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK
      ScottV,

Nice machine, but probably high dollar too.

Depends? These guys get some kind of deal through Thermal. It's
      cheaper then Airgas can buy it for. I have yet to see a better deal
      on a single phase 100 amp machine. Of course this is the only
      one out. This thing is a great cutting unit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/THERMAL-DYNAMICS...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Scott,

Looks like a killer unit for sure! If my 2050 ever lays down, I'll check into one. Right now CAC-A accounts for 90% of my cutting and gouging operations. A lot of times if I am in a hurry and don't load my 2050 on a mobile job, then I cut out plates etc with a 5/16 carbon. It is not as smooth as the 2050, but once welded back in you would never know otherwise.

Comment

May sound dumb...

Guys
          I agree with Hawk on the 2050... and have been trying to get one.. expenses get in the way... have used one several times but not been able to buy yet.... did the unthinkable and bought a chinese 36amp machine from HF on sale... have been giving it clean dry air and it has cut 3/8 reliably for about the last year... do know when it chokes that it is done... and should toss as opposed to even try to have it serviced... will get howls... but .. if you are not going to buy MILLER... expect to dispose of the machine when it chokes... know some fellas with ESAB doorstops.... and other brands but most other than Miller are built offshore...... and btw.. my disposable looks an awful lot like the HTP.. that is rated higher and costs more...
          hope this helps
          Heiti

BTW... most of my everyday equipment is Blue and trouble free...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Should Clarify.............

I should clarify... that I just bought a disposable unit and fully expect it it quit an any moment... and when it does quit.. will not be worth repairing... want and will get the spectrum 2050.. as soon as I can afford it... meanwhile my little chinese timebomb... has kept on working... maybe will forever... or more likely till I am in the middle of a critical job... and I will be forced to move up... into good (BLUE) equipment...
            Heiti

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
            Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Alright, any input on a Hypertherm Max 40cs? It is used and one of the older black ones with red stripes on the front. It looks like 3/8" capacity on it.
              Syncrowave 250DX w/Bernard cooler
              Handler 140

Comment

Working...
              X