My first Passport project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Passport project

I have it almost done! Still need to add a strap for the bottle, a hanger for my grinders and a gun holder. I purchased the plastic tube caps when I purchased my steel but don't want to put those in until I get it painted. I do not plan to weld on it so the paint should not be an issue. My material cost to date is around 50 bucks. My wife donated the casters so I got off easy there. I probably could have bought one cheaper at Sam's Club but this one is going to get stamped MADE IN AMERICA.
    Attached Files
    Best Regard,

Miller Passport
    Miller 225G
    Red 255
    VIctor O/A
    Wish list:
    Maxstar 150STH or
    Syncrowave 250DX
    A Dynasty 300 if I am wishing really hard..

Nice cart and a nice clean shop too. Keep on, keepin on.
    Peace,

Comment

Nice cart. How do you like the Passport? I'm looking at ordering one within a week. It's pricey for what I need a 110V welder for - but the portability is really a selling factor.
      David W.
      Machines: Millermatic Passport; Millermatic 350P, Dynasty 300DX TIGRunner, TD Cutmaster 51 Plasma, Hypertherm 190C Plasma,
      Machinery and Project Pictures: Click Here

Comment

Nice cart i wish my shop was that clean i,d eat off that floor
        BB402D
        TB300D
        DIMENSION652
        MM250X
        MAXSTAR140
        S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
        HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Originally posted by unixadm
          Nice cart. How do you like the Passport? I'm looking at ordering one within a week. It's pricey for what I need a 110V welder for - but the portability is really a selling factor.
          unixadm,
          Picked up my Passport on Fri. afternoon and "played" for awhile at the shop with it on Sat. between projects and got a call to repair an auger hopper on a grain leg late Sat. evening, thought this sounded like a good job to test the new Passport. Although I could'nt use the on-board bottle, had'nt had a chance to get a fill, I loaded a 20#CO2 tank and a 50' ext. cord into the truck.Plugged into the farmer's ,sorry Agricultural Engineer , power supply and went to work[ 115 v's] and the passport did a GREAT job in good time. I was happy and most important, my customer was elated. At this time I would have to say that the Passport does ALL it says it does.Keep up the good work Miller. How about an AL. capable Passport????????Pleassssssse!!!!!!!
          Mike MACH4

Comment

Originally posted by unixadm
            The R&D department at Miller has outdone themselves with this one. I have only had it out in the field once and was very impressed with it's performance. I did have a minor hiccup with the trigger switch this past Friday but things went smooth today.

For years I used the Red 135's - 175's and I am never going back. You just can't beat it for portability ..... actually there would be one thing that would beat it.... a machine as portable that could also handle aluminum. Are you R&D guys listening??

I see also there have been several post regarding the appearance of my shop floor?? ..... what you don't see in that image is my shop vac sitting in the middle of the floor behind me. It's not always such a pretty picture.

thanks guys
            Best Regard,

Miller Passport
            Miller 225G
            Red 255
            VIctor O/A
            Wish list:
            Maxstar 150STH or
            Syncrowave 250DX
            A Dynasty 300 if I am wishing really hard..

Comment

It's not always such a pretty picture

well that makes me feel a lil bit better , it takes me days to get mine picture werthy, or its a verry controled picture
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Working...
              X