Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Millermatic 251 just arrived... Passport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unixadm
    replied
    Darn you Hawk.

Okay you guys win if I buy a Passport I'll just leave the M-10 gun as is. The only reason I really was thinking about it is I'd really like a 15' gun on the 251 because where it's at in my shop, an extra foot or two would really be nice - but I can live without it. I do like the feel of the M-25 gun though.

If I wanted to run short circuit and spray transfer with the 251, should I go with 90/10 (Argon/CO2) or would you recommend keeping a bottle of C25 for short circuit and go with like 92/8 for spray?

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    I am with cope to leave the M-10 gun as is. It is plenty for the Passport even though I do swap over to a Bernard for certain wires in my shop. However, it is only as a matter of convenience when changing wire types.

I absolutely love my Passport and recommend one without hesitation since it sounds like it features fit your needs! You will be amazed by the arc quality of this little inverter!

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    I haven't heard any complaints about the Passport from owners. I would leave the M-10 gun on the Passport for flexibility and use in tight spaces.

Leave a comment:

• unixadm
    started a topic My Millermatic 251 just arrived... Passport?

My Millermatic 251 just arrived... Passport?

I've been waiting since last Thursday for my MM251 as the delivery got screwed up. Long story short, my MM 251 that I ordered from IOC was delivered this afternoon in perfect condition. Like a kid with a new toy, I got it off the pallet and quickly put everything together. This thing is huge and just feels like a quality machine. I installed some .030 wire, hooked up my tank and welded some 1/8th angle iron. All I can say is, this is one awesome welder. It has such a smooth soft arc. The M-25 gun is pretty nice. I've been used to the M-10 guns which are 'okay', but nothing to write home about.

Anyhow - Miller has really won me over. The 200DX I have is awesome, this 251 is awesome, my old MM175 was okay. I was doing some welding yesterday with the Hobart 125 I have and it's like not happening for me on that front. I do need a 120V welder and the Passport looks to be one heck of a machine. I don't mind spending the money once for quality machines that will last me many years (5 years min). So I'm pondering the idea of selling the Hobart 125 and doing a upgrade to a Passport. The inverter, compact, internal CO2 tank make this a big winner for me as I can take it anywhere and still have 110V capability (most important of all). Rarely do I weld for more than 20-25 minutes at a time, and I'd have an couple of extra tanks if I did have to weld more. So my finger is twitching to order a Passport and complete my welder setup. About the only thing I think I would do is if I bought the Passport is to also buy a 15' M-25 gun, put that on my 251 and take the gun from the 251 and put it on the Passport. I could then sell the new M-10 gun on Ebay and only have to spend less than $100 on a gun upgrade for the Passport. The M-25 gun just feels more comfortable to me.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎