Weld trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weld trucks

Hey everyone. i wanted to know if you guys that do moble work. to see if you had any pic of your welding trucks because i want some ideas how you guys have them set up ? i just bought a 2000 model bobcat 225 with 50' leads and with only 6.7 hours on it for $2,000. thans for any pics chris

Welcome aboard Chris, I do not do anything mobile. However, several of the experts on this forum will chime in and you will have plenty of useful information regarding your future mobile rig. Good luck!!!

Comment

If you want them to post photos of their rigs you'll need to have them post the photos off site.

I use:

http://www.imageshack.us/

Best of all it's free!

Comment

Rig

Ok, I'll bite!

This is my 1st attempt at posting pics and I think I have resized them small enough. Here is my cobbled together setup. I am back at home cleaning it up and reworking it a bit right now...

On viewing these attachments it looks like they are too small and grainy to see much - lucky, maybe you won't notice mess of cables and cords that seem to get strewn everywhere and wrapped up around my legs!
        Attached Files
        Cheers,
        Chris

PipePro350 SS,Pro300 SS,X-tremeVS,Dynasty200DX,MM251, SA-200 Redface,SA-200 Shorthood,SAE-300

Comment

Service Truck

This is my new service truck, 2005 C-5500 Chey with a Stellar service body and a 28' 6000 lb crane. It has a 301D Trailblazer , a 325 quincy air compressor and a 1250 Hypertherm Plasma.The second picture shows the old truck also.
          Wayne.
          Attached Files

Comment

Huricun,,, you are right,,, that is a mess,, ha. Wanye, I like the heavier trucks, makes life a bit easier when you are not worried about every #. I have been keeping my eye out for a crane for my old clunker, I dont need anything real heavy. I have a Hiab on my flatbed.
            Attached Files

Comment

Cary, I can't remember if I mentioned this before or not, but with a truck like yours, it'd be years before your partners noticed you stuck a new Trailblazer in there!!

Comment

rigs

Some of you guys are hauling some serious heavy duty equipment!!

I am carrying just a touch more than enough to weld up pipe joints and the odd bit of structural steel or light repair on some equipment. I haul around way more than the average pipewelder, who carries just about enough. In the Oil and Gas field where I work mostly, there are road bans during the fall and spring. Trucks over 1 ton in weight rating are severely restriced for travel times or totally banned from the wet/thawing/freezing dirt roads. Therefore, the Pipefitters run a 1 ton crew truck with a small picker and the Weldors run a 1 ton weld truck and work together to get the job done. It does look like some guys are getting away with running F450 and 550 trucks more and more lately though - probably because all the 1 Tons are severely overweight.

Nice trucks guys!
                Cheers,
                Chris

PipePro350 SS,Pro300 SS,X-tremeVS,Dynasty200DX,MM251, SA-200 Redface,SA-200 Shorthood,SAE-300

Comment

hurricunning

if you need a good fast and easy picture resizer and you are using Microsoft windows XP you can go to micosofts web site and go to the section for power toy's in there ther is a pic resizer that downloads fast (even on dial up) and works with XP you can resize as many pic's at a time as you want and you dont even need to open the pic to resize it. lots here are using it. i have been for over a year with no problems.
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                  summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                  JAMES

Comment

Nothing fancy...

Well here is my last work truck with the Duramax diesel and a 5 speed Allison in a 3/4 ton with a Trailblazer 301. This whole unit is gone and I am using a 1/2 ton Chevy now-long story. I still have the equipment (TB 301 is now a TB 302) and then some, but the truck is gone.

One reason is 4 wheel drive w/ a locking rear axle is almost a have to in this clay mud and blue mud. A lot of job sites have short turn around areas especially on the mountain roads and a short bed, though lacking work space, is a valuable asset!

I will have to get some pictures of the little black chevy.
                    Attached Files

Comment

By the way this was a nice clean aluminum TIG job inside a plant. No nasty buckets and shanks that day. Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK
                        By the way this was a nice clean aluminum TIG job inside a plant. No nasty buckets and shanks that day. Ha!
                        Is that back when you were maxing out your Dynasty 200DX, or did you have the HF-251-D?

Comment

Mac, I just do so little porto work that a machine upgrade isnt worth it. I have the truck fit for the machine thats in there. The only process I do portable is stick, my last call took about 6 rods. I used the truck the other day, impacted some bolts so not all of it is welding.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Dynasty 200DX from generator power of TB 301G

Originally posted by MAC702
                            Is that back when you were maxing out your Dynasty 200DX, or did you have the HF-251-D?
                            MAC702,

This job was pushing the Dynasty 200DX pretty hard on an 8x10 square foot weldment with over 200" of weld. I ran a 75% helium/25% argon mixture for a hotter shielding gas and simply adjusted the start parameters for a good solid hard start. It did a good job. I also had the HF-251-D in service at this time, but not on this job. I really need the nearly 80% EN penetration in most cases and simply had no such controls on the HF box.

Comment

Finally

Am finally getting around to setting up the GMC 3500 Dually w/tall enclosed Reading body that I bought well over a year ago... the little v8 4x4 Dakota did a valiant job....it..pushed and grunted into all kinds of places w/TB301G plus all of the other stuff needed... but it is gone now and it is time to give the Trailblazer and all of the other tools a proper home to work out of...up here in the land of winter snow and salt... will try to post pics as work progresses.. the Dually is no beauty queen.. but is pretty solid and has a fresh 6.2... AND.. plenty of toolbox space.. will sure beat having the cab and bed of an undersized truck overloaded..and totally disorganized..
                              thanks
                              Heiti

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                              Dynasty 200DX
                              Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                              Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Working...
                              X