• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sstec
    replied
    IMO downdraft, but....

Jim,
    Downdraft is the direction everything is all ready going, but you are in the N.E. and in the winter you will not want to try and heat the outside.
    Water tables are a ***** to keep clean and turn into a nasty mess.
    This is the hardest dession, you will have to make the call on this one, neither is perfect.

I don't know how clean your shop is now, but it will be dusty and a layer of fine black metal dust will find it's way into everthing unless you isolate the cutting area.

I'm moving 1400 cfm downdraft with a 14 inch flex out a rollup door and I still get dust ever where if I don't keep a full plate over the top of the cutting grate.

You will also want to run a UPS for your computer and control box, this will save you headaches later.

Always gound to the work piece and the grate for better cuts.

And never walk away from it while it's cutting, hang-ups are a scary thing and the first bad one you will need a change of shorts
    sstec

Leave a comment:

• JMFabrications
    replied
    Yea I hear dust is a big problem with the machine, i was thinking of making a water table for underneath, then using an overhead vent system since, in my shop there is an exhaust pipe cut through the roof alread where my PCAM is sitting, it was for an old heater that we took out.... or do you think the downdraft system works better? He did give me an disc with some clip art on it already, ill probably spend the day learning the software, and making a cart for the plasma, air dryer, and computer. Thanks again for taking the time out to help me.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• sstec
    replied
    software

Start playing with the software.....
    That will be the hardest part of the curve for now.
    If you have something you are trying to convert and have issues let me know and I'll try and help you out.
    Once your cutting I'll send you some files to get you started.
    Did this table have anything for dust control?
    If not, stop everything and start on this....This is a big issue unless you want everything covered in dust and set off every smoke detector with in the building.
    Have fun and let me know how it goes.
    sstec

Leave a comment:

• JMFabrications
    replied
    Thanks alot for the help, yes I will be using my Pro Cut 80, I will try contact ND. I actually was going to buy that one on ebay but someone got to it before me, then another member on the Yahoo Groups contacted me and told me he was selling his machine since he didnt have much time to use it, he only made 2 cuts with it, so its just about brand new, still has a few months left on the warranty, its a 2004 DHC model. Ive heard they like to charge $500 to transfer, which sucks.

Thanks again,
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• sstec
    replied
    Plasmacam hook-up

Jim,
    If you go to Plasmacam, the hook-up wire is $69.00 bucks I think....
    I will need to watch my video, don't remember but on some units you need a resistor put in to make it fire correctly.
    There are only 4 wires. 2 for the trigger and 2 for the voltage control if you have DHC.
    Are you going to use your procut 80?
    Hit this site.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PIGINFO/
    and post for N.D. , he cuts with procuts and has lots of knowledge, he can help get you set-up.
    Did you get your PCam off Ebay couple weeks ago?

Be careful if or when you call PCam,they are going to want $500.00 just to talk to you, fee is for "transfer of software".............
    sstec

Leave a comment:

• JMFabrications
    started a topic Plasmacam Question

Plasmacam Question

Hello,

I just purchased a slightly used Plasmacam system, the seller accidentaly forgot to send the instruction video along with it, and it will take a few days for it to get here. I got everything setup, i just need to make a plasma control cord for the arc start etc. The pinouts for the plasma cutter are listed in the manual for the plasma, but I need to know what the pinouts are on the Plasmacam control box, i figure I could get the connectors at radio shack or something. I know some of you guys have experience with this machine, and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jim
Working...
X