X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burninbriar
    replied
    I GOT IT !
    Picked up my new 250 yesterday and got it hooked up. Aparently there wa some sort of problem with electrical interfearance with the circuit boards that has been corrected. I noticed that the new one came with a Weldcraft torch instead of the Diamondback. The service man told me Miller now owns Weldcraft, I wonder if they still make the Diamondback torch ? I didn't ask him that. Well , I some work to go do, later.

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    I guess I should have said " someone elses new one."

Leave a comment:

• Bob Sigmon
    replied
    I figured that it would/should, but your other one was new too wasn't it?

Anyways. . . . . . . . .

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    It should work like a new one.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Sigmon
    replied
    Glad to see that they are doing the right thing for you. It was very nice of you to take a deep breath and step back and relax. In the long run your great attitude probably helped everyone.

Good luck catching up with all your projects when you get the new unit. Let us know how it performs.

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    I got a call today and it looks like my welder is a candidate for medical science for welders. They had it resuscitated once and it looked as though they had it fixed and then it relapsed durring testing. I am getting a new replacement and the old one is going back to Miller for an autopsy accoording to the tecks working on it.
    Incase any one is wondering about how long its been gone, I told them it is not my source of income and I would rather see a guy who needs his machine to feed the familly get his machine back befor me.
    I am really looking forward to getting it , it been a long time with out and a lot of projects waiting to be done.

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    The problem started out intermittant and at the time I called for service it was a constant. I sure hope it is the micro processor you are talking about.

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Since you were having these problems intermittently, it sound like just a microprocessor glitch. I had a couple of these do that same thing down in St Louis and now they are as good as new.

Easy fix.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Too_Many_Tools
    replied
    Originally posted by burninbriar
    Too-many-tools :
    the welder is under warrenty, the service shop is sending a truck to pick it up from out of state free of charge, I couldn't be happyer with the way they are treating me.
    I understand that it is under warranty now but knowing what it costs to fix it would be useful knowledge for others who have welders that aren't under warranty. It also gives you the data you need later when your warranty expires as to whether to keep the welder or move it before you start paying the full cost of the welder ownership. Many people don't realize that many used welders are not the bargains that they seem to be....not until they are educated by the next repair bill.

Consider this example...you are shopping for an used car and the engine makes a certain sound. From previous experience, you know that it will cost X dollars to fix the underlying cause that is causing the noise. As a buyer, you will use this knowledge to adjust your offering price accordingly. With the higher and higher prices for repairs (that is if the parts are available at all), anyone who buys used welding equipment needs to be informed. I have had situations where two similar welders were for sale which only differed by age. By knowing the true cost of the repairs, one welder was an excellent buy while the other was a white elephant.

Again, if you would post the cost of repair it would be appreciated.

Thanks

TMT

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    Old 03-26-2005, 03:58 PM

Hey Bulldog,dont beat youre self up to bad,it will get better quicker than you think.My first welds went so good it was unbeleivable,even the aluminum was pretty decent.Then I got worse instead of better and now I'm probably where I should be at my leval.Practising without filler for a while seemed to help me get control of the arc and puddle behaviour.
    Edit/Delete Message

I found this post from a while back ago, I'm wondering if my problems were starting back then. I just figured my good alluminum welds were beginners luck so to speak.

Too-many-tools :
    the welder is under warrenty, the service shop is sending a truck to pick it up from out of state free of charge, I couldn't be happyer with the way they are treating me.

I hate to say it but I'm used to this bad luck, My new porter cable router spent a year and a half rideing in ups trucks to get repaired, I finally fixed it myself. This is my second computer in a row, the first one was so bad they couldnt fix it, ups lost my speakers and the list goes on and on. It scares the gigeebees out of me to buy anything new any more, its like I'm jinxed.

Leave a comment:

• Tailshaft56
    replied
    Originally posted by Too_Many_Tools
    If you would, let us know how much it costs to fix the welder.

Thanks

TMT

I believe it's under warranty according to Burninbriar's first post

Dennis

Leave a comment:

• Too_Many_Tools
    replied
    My Syncrowave 250 bit the dust today. I was welding 20 guage mild steel and it starts running wide open and gets a help 1. Tryed running it in stick mode and the same thing happens. The guys from General Welding Supply in Martins Ferry Ohio are comming to pick it up tomorrow. Pretty nice of them to do since the warrenty does not cover pickup of the machine. I think I might have a new welding supply dealer with them, a lot of the local places here in washington Pa wont give me the tme of day with the exception of Welding Equipment Repair Service but he's not an authorized Miller service shop. Hopefully it wont be too long before its done.
    I've had this problem before but it was very seldom and I didn't give it much thought, just turned of the machine and started again.Now it happens immediatly. There is other things that dont seem quite right, maybe its related. It doesn't allways turn on to the previous settings and even though I have a switch to bypass the remote controll I still have to fysically disconnect the remote to use the stick weld. I'll post here when I know more, mayby these small incosistancys are a warning sign that a problem exists.
    If you would, let us know how much it costs to fix the welder.

Thanks

TMT

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott V
    That's interesting. My Thermal 300 prolite had a funny arc start on the mig
    setting every once in a while. It did not all the time but enough to know it was there. I traded it in and Airgas sold it to a guy and it blew a board.
    They handled the $1850.00 board though warranty but I always wondered
    if that was a warning sign? It pays to pay attention to things that are not
    quite right.
    Makes absolute sence to me, why suffer through small things that don't seem right, get it in and get it fixed I think.

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    these small incosistancys are a warning sign that a problem exists.
    That's interesting. My Thermal 300 prolite had a funny arc start on the mig
    setting every once in a while. It did not all the time but enough to know it was there. I traded it in and Airgas sold it to a guy and it blew a board.
    They handled the $1850.00 board though warranty but I always wondered
    if that was a warning sign? It pays to pay attention to things that are not
    quite right.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    I hope you get it back soon and in good repair, having machines in the shop is not a great feeling , when my STL was getting a new board it was only gone a week but I still missed it. Good thing Miller is on top of those things .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X