Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mig,stick,tig or gas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Springbox
    replied
    Come on guys - stop messing about !!

    You know you love TIG the best because it :

    1. is least likely to set fire to your house
    2. gives you a really even tan - grey chest hairs can be put down to sun bleaching
    3. is by far the most fun
    4. can be done without changing in to those hot overalls your wife keeps reminding you DO have
    5. gives you a really clear view of the part you are warping
    6. can mend anything your irritating neighbour (who has found out you can weld) brings for you to mend in exchange for undrinkable alcoholic bribes
    7. is so rewarding to keep the gas dealer, welding supply house and electricity company in their champagne lifestyle
    8. lets you kid yourself you are a great weldor

    Do you ever have days like this? - LOL

    Springbox

    Leave a comment:


  • gmsteve455
    replied
    Mig

    I mostly mig on mild steel with gas shielding but just picked up a Syncrowave 180 the other week and have been practicing with that a bunch lately.

    Haven't tried aluminum yet, still playing with mild steel. I also gas weld but I can't say that I'm that great at it. Although I've used stick in the past and can do that fairly well, I don't really use it much as I really don't have much need for it.

    Leave a comment:


  • boilerman79
    replied
    90%STICK,10%FLUXCORE, got to love the smoke.

    Leave a comment:


  • jw36
    replied
    MIG, it's all I got! and I can't complain either!!

    Leave a comment:


  • B2n3 welder
    replied
    At work i heli-arc 95% and FCAW the other 5% and at home mostly mig,and innershield fcaw.and then stick and then heli I'm just happy i got 230 3Phase at home

    Leave a comment:


  • hankj
    replied
    Depends totally on what you have! Hobby folks don't normally have equipment that serves all the processes. I can MIG and O/A weld. Obviously, I MIG the most. But, if I were running a shop with multi-process capabilities, who knows? Each job dictates the process.

    Hank

    Leave a comment:


  • tigman250
    replied
    i voted MIG, i work in a fab shop and almost everything gets the old MIG. i like TIG the most nothing like seeing how pretty you can make a weld and the versatility is awesome!

    Leave a comment:


  • Paul Seaman
    replied
    I agree with Mac. Mig is the norm, but lately I've been doing tig just to keep the skills up, even though the mig would be more expediant. As Mac said I also have great equipment for all the process listed but mig is the norm.

    Very good question, thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • admweld
    replied
    stick or fluxcore in the field mig at the shop alot.But it all really depends on the application.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unionman36
    replied
    I work in construction, we use MIG in our shop and stick in the field.

    Leave a comment:


  • MAC702
    replied
    I have awesome equipment for all those processes, but almost every job or repair that comes into the shop gets the MIG treatmeant. Even on the road, I have the feeder off the TB for most of it.

    When MIG works, there's nothing faster, counting prep and clean-up.

    When I can plan a job, I especially try to get the right wire to make the MIG be the machine I can use.

    But, for sheer versatility, the TIG and stick have a wider variety of rods and fillers in my shop in storage.

    Leave a comment:


  • slagburn
    replied
    i use stick the most, but i use suitcase feeder alot too.

    Leave a comment:


  • burninbriar
    replied
    Stick for me, I don't have a mig. OA would have been next choice but now that I have a tig welder my OA will probably just heat & cut now.

    Leave a comment:


  • df5152
    replied
    mig im always in a hurry...

    Leave a comment:


  • Bob Sigmon
    replied
    I voted MIG cause I use it most, but I like TIG the best!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X