Gas bottles better to buy or lease ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas bottles better to buy or lease ?

anyone got suggestions or comments im thinking about getting industrial size bottles argon,80/20,co2,oxy/acytelene

What size are we talking about here?

Comment

well i dont know the letter code or what they use but the co2 and argon and oxy bottles like i use at work are 5 foot+ tall and the acy are around 3 1/2 ft and real wide

Comment

I would have to say lease em then.

Comment

I'm leaning that way but im scarred to find out the cost

Comment

Originally posted by B2n3 welder
            I'm leaning that way but im scarred to find out the cost
            The shop where my mom does book keeping at rents out some pretty large tanks for like 4-5 bucks a month.

Comment

I was thinking 15-20 yr lease

Comment

I own all of my tanks. Local shops does 244 cf tanks for something like $275 purchase, then $35 to trade for filled (argon).

Like a lifetime lease with a one time payment.

Comment

if you plan on welding for a long time ( i assume you do) purchase them it's a better deal in the long run. although if you plan on getting all thoes tanks at once it'll be pricey.
                  The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

I just leased some tanks from airgas, for a AC-4 and a 250 o2 it was $60 a piece for a year and only 20 a piece to refill.

Comment

Originally posted by yardman1
                      I just leased some tanks from airgas, for a AC-4 and a 250 o2 it was $60 a piece for a year and only 20 a piece to refill.
                      it's normally arround $200 to purchase a tank so in less than 4 yrs of leasing you would own the tank....but suit yourself
                      The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

A couple years back, it was $78 a year to lease the big bottles here (forget the actual capacity, but it's about 5feet tall.) They then doubled the lease price. They would not sell the large bottles, but would sell the small ones for $110. This made me consider the small bottles, but I asked about the inspections, certifications and such that must be kept on the bottles. My local shop said that as long as I don't mess up the bottle, write on it, or paint it, I can just swap it for another one each time I need more gas.

So, in the end, I bought the bottle, but it is treated as a lease. I'm pretty pleased with this place I deal with!

Comment

The place near me wanted 250 $ deposit, something like 35 cents per day pluss cost of refills. I figured its way cheaper to buy them.
                          To all who contribute to this board.
                          My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
                          Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
                          Miller Syncrowave 250
                          Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info i guess i gotta go see what the damage is gonna be! Engloid those are some nice lookin beads ya made there, I havent ever taken any pics of mine. Maybe i will some day if i ever make a weld that makes me happy hasnt happened yet though. I was gonna take pics of my welding equipment and post it havent gotten around to that either. thanks fer all the replies fellas

Comment

Gosh I thought the place around here was high. I don't even know if I'm leasing it, or if I bought it. I don't have to pay for it, I just pay for the refill, so I guess I bought it. Anyways I wanted like a 60cf one ( I think thats what its called ) and the lady said they only had 80 hour bottles or something like that.

Its about 4 feet tall, and cost me around $155 for the bottle and the gas, the first fill was half price. Now every time I go back, I get an exchange for a filled bottle and it cost me $31.

But this time me and the guy working there started talking about cars, and he said he would cut me some deals. So not sure if he was just talking or what.

Anyway, anyone ever hear the bottle called by hours or something like that ? I always thought they were measured in cubic feet
                              http://www.rcautoworks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X