Wiring a spoolgun to xmt300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring a spoolgun to xmt300

Hello, I have a couple spoolguns of which I would like to run one off an XMT 300. The first one is a 4 pin spoolmatic1. I do not have a WC1. I also have an SG30 with its 24v adapter I would like to use the spoolmatic as I have somone interested in the other one. I think the spoolmatic is 35v but am curious if there is a way to run it directly from the xmt 300.

If the spoolmatic needs 35v ac, could I run a 115 to 35v adapter on the 115 wires. Probably a dumb idea but curious why it does not work.

Thanks for any thoughts

The WC-1 doesn't have much in it, if you're trying to replicate one. It's just a power supply, a contactor, and a resistor+capacitor that provides run-in speed control. You could build a functional equivalent pretty cheaply. I don't know what voltage range the gun is happy with. Note that the gun is fed rectified power, not AC (attempting to apply AC will do bad things - it has a diode that will short it), but also not clean filtered DC.

Comment

If you're looking to build your own, you can get an idea from the old Spoolmatic 200 machines (might be off on the machine name) that had the built-in spoolgun control. By the time you get around to starting that project, you'll probably find a control box. That's been my experience at least.

Comment

Working...
      X