Need help finding Manual!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding Manual!!

I just bought a Air Products DA200AGEL. I'm trying to find a manual on it so I can repair and fix it up. Serial number is HE746547. Hoping to find some luck here, thanks in advance!!

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow.../O411A_MIL.pdf Does this look like your machine?

Comment

Yes!! Thank you so much Bushytails!!

Comment

Glad to help!

Comment

You wouldn't have an idea on what may be wrong with the welding side would you? The generator side works but the welding side doesn't.
          Thanks again in advance!

Comment

Well, you don't exactly give a lot of info to go on...

By generator side, you mean the 120V outlets are working correctly? Or do you just mean that the engine runs nicely?

First thing I always check for no output if there is no obvious problem is the condition of the brushes and slip rings, and then measure the voltage on them, between the center one and the ones on either side.

Comment

Yes, the ac outlets work when I flip the switch to power, I have never taken one of these things apart before so I was hoping for an easy fix lol.

Comment

There's a handle switch that turns the machine to either power mode or welding mode, I have to flip that to do one or the other, that's what I'm referring to there, weird that you can't have both simultaneously on these things lol

Comment

The older machines shared windings for both power and weld, so they couldn't do both at once.

Since the AC output works, exciter and associated bits are at least working well enough for some weld output.
                  Did you check for 230V? Was it reasonably good on voltage and frequency? If you only have 115V but no 230V, check the power/weld switch and stator windings. If the frequency is way off, clean and adjust carburetor.
                  Is the little cable on top in functional condition and plugged into one of the range select jacks? It won't have weld power without it.
                  Does the engine sound like it's working hard even though you're not doing anything when you switch to weld mode? If so, check for shorted diodes.
                  Does it simply do nothing in weld mode? Check for a bad weld/power switch, or loose, melted, broken, modified, removed, or corroded wiring. Could also be a bad reactor, but that's not common.
                  Last edited by Bushytails; 08-12-2022, 06:18 PM.

Comment

The cable on top is plugged in, I tried switching to all options with that jack, I have the current at 100 percent using 3/32 6010. It has a small spark and that's it, over and over, I need to do more testing, but thank you for all the insight as well!

Comment

Turns out it must have been just the grinder on the power, voltage is low, so low I'm not sure my ammeter is working properly. If neither power nor welding is working right what does that mean?

Comment

That means you probably have an excitation issue. Check the condition of the brushes and slip rings first, as they're a mechanical part and frequently dirty or stuck after sitting for a while. Next thing to check would be D1 through D3. What is the DC voltage measured on the 115V DC receptacle on the front panel?

Comment

I don't remember for sure but I think it was like 30v dc, and the brushes and the rings they were on looked good and also clean

Comment

How do I test those diodes?

Comment

I haven't worked on one of those machines, so I'm not sure how hard the diodes are to get to. You'll want to check the 3 medium-sized diodes on the single heatsink, not the 4 big-sized diodes on the double heatsink. Test each one with the diode check scale on your meter, in both directions. They should read 0.4-0.8v in one direction, and nothing at all in the other. If any of them read in both directions, especially a reading close to 0.0, one of them is shorted. With the wires still connected, you can't find open diodes this way, but diodes usually fail shorted.

Be sure the brushes move freely so they make good contact with the rings. Lift them up and make sure they smoothly snap back down onto the rings.

Another test, if the diodes are hard to get to, is to slip a piece of plastic under the brushes so none of them contact the rings (engine off!), then use the diode check scale on your meter, and measure the 115V DC receptacle, in both directions. It should give a low (0.5-1v or so) reading in one direction, and nothing in the other direction. If it reads in both directions, again suspect a shorted diode.

I just noticed the 50hz version of the machine is different than the 60hz. You have a US 60hz machine, correct?
                              Last edited by Bushytails; 08-31-2022, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X