Screen names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manny
    Mine came from a charactor created by a favorite author, Robert A Heinlein in his novel "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress". Manny
    That's ALWAYS been my favorite Heinlein... Other top picks are "Farnham's Freehold" and "Starship Troopers." I've never even bothered to see the movie...

Comment

Names, and what people make of them, are an interesting phenomenon.

I grew up as a "Jr.", my Dad being called "Hank", and myself being relegated to the diminutive term "Hankie". That fact caused a lot of bruised knuckles (and an occasional fat lip in case of failure!) when I was a kid, as the taunts from the peer group required answering!

Later on, the last name was the problem: "Juska minute, you", etc.

I guess nearly everyone has experienced that at some point in their lives. Just living, I guess!

Hank
      ...from the Gadget Garage
      Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
      Handler 210 w/DP3035
      TA185TSW
      Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Hankj:
        Try growing up a Seaman with the other spelling and its meaning! Its funny now but it took a brown belt in Karate and pummel a bully or two, to get any respect as a kid. I am no giant at 5'11" and 170lbs. so imagine being 5'5 and 100lbs beating the tar out of the bullies some 20+ years ago. That said I fell your pain buddy!

Peace,

Comment

Paul,

Yup, I'm with ya!

Hank
          ...from the Gadget Garage
          Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
          Handler 210 w/DP3035
          TA185TSW
          Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

I had a few rough times growing up with the name Peter. In those early years it doesnt take much of an excuse for kids to be realy rotten. Thank god we all grew up, but its still nice to try reliving some of the better times now and then, when the body can hold out long enough.
            To all who contribute to this board.
            My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
            Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
            Miller Syncrowave 250
            Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

Paul,

The seaman thing definately would have been a growing experience. I usually got SIGGI. That was about it.
              Bob Sigmon
              A/O Setup with Meco Midget
              Miller Big Window Elite
              Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sigmon
                Paul,

The seaman thing definately would have been a growing experience. I usually got SIGGI. That was about it.
                Bob,
                with your Avatar I am pretty sure nobody is going to get too smart!!!

Just tell them your name also stands fo Sig. http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg63-e.htm

Comment

Good question Paul, this is a pretty close group as forums go and this is a great way to know who your talking to. I just used my E-bay name because I was new to this stuff and wasn't sure what the norm was. It reflects my atempt at buying and selling cars and trucks to pay for my hobbies(racing...and now welding)which I've been doing since I was 16. Now I feel old as I have been doing this for 27 yrs...don't have to think about it like that very often! One thing I would like to see here is more people showing their location on the ID part of the screen! Good Luck to All, JEFF
                  200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

Comment

this is fairly plain and simple.

DesertWolf = My wife and friends say that the wolf is the animal that most reflects my personality. And we live in an area that is very similar to the Arizona Sage desert region.

Comment

screen name

Mine too is like bulldogs, I am a big guy 6.2 300lbs and I have an american bull A 95lb big baby

Comment

Originally posted by Scott V
                        Bob,
                        with your Avatar I am pretty sure nobody is going to get too smart!!!

Just tell them your name also stands fo Sig. http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg63-e.htm
                        Scott,

It would probably be more like . . .
                        My Favorite SIG (that I own)

I'd like a P220 but the last few years has seen my money going into welding equipment. My favorite handguns are my Kimber's, sweet shooters! ! !
                        Bob Sigmon
                        A/O Setup with Meco Midget
                        Miller Big Window Elite
                        Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

Pullerguy

This is easy we build and pull tractors with two diferent clubs. I have one weekend off this summer. Al Meck

Comment

Picked OldNavy because I retired from a 20 year Navy career about 15 years ago. But I still have to work since a military retirement ammounts to about 1/4 of what your military salary was and covers only the house payment.
                            MM251
                            Synchrowave 200

PowerMax380
                            Victor O/A
                            Century 155GS
                            Big Window Elite

Run silent, run deep

Comment

Blackplague=

I have a 87 Buick grandnational {black} that takes out mustangs and camaros almost at will {like the plague}. It sounded cool at the time, really i don't know what the **** i was thinking .
                              Mike. R

Dynasty 300dx tig runner w/ 3 torch Versa-Tig torch changer {wt-20f, wt-24f, mt-125}
                              MM 251/30a/4015 roughneck
                              Miller portable spot welder
                              Inferno >>> Big Window Elite

Comment

Well..... my name is Paul and most of the old guys around here call me Pauly, and I fabricate at Ford Motor. Good post, there is some very intresting reading.

Comment

Working...
                                X