Dialarc HF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialarc HF

I'm buying one and I tried the serial no# JH315449 but it return unknown does any one have manual reference for it and the year?
    and also what type foot pedal it requires in model or pins. or is there a kit package for it. Also for a house hook up if I ran a 150 amp fuse box in the Garage from the main circuit braker box that has 2 100 amp mains, would that give me 200 amps and than the welder is hardwired into 150 amp panel with outdoor/ indoor 8-3 wire.
    Is that a suitable hook up for this welder?

Circuit Breaker Box 150 Amp 8 Space 16 Circuit Outdoor Main Plug On Neutral Load
    8/3 SOOW SO Cord 20 FT USA Portable Outdoor Indoor 600 V Flexible Wire cable

If you enter Dialarc HF into the model box, you can select the one that includes your serial number. Looks like it should be https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow.../O315P_MIL.pdf

The foot pedal is not standard, is no longer produced, was never made by anyone but miller, and may be hard to find. A machine without one should be cheap.

It sounds like you might want to hire an electrician for wiring it up.

Comment

Originally posted by weldslikebutter View Post
      [SIZE=12px]... the main circuit breaker box that has 2 100-amp mains, would that give me 200 amps ...
      No, it doesn't work that way. You need an electrician.

Comment

Yes of coarse I'm going to need an electrician, I'm just trying to understand what does the electrician need to hook up the welder and lean about the circuit required for it, in doing so you can than relate to how the welder functions in setting the machines out put etc.. This way I can also provide the electrician with what he requires in parts as there is a shortage of supplies, going around.

Get them while you can! I don't to wait 3-4 months because of some dumb *** - shipping logistics that was done on purpose to hold the world hostage. You want to believe in that nonsense go right ahead, while your at it, you might want to buy some swamp land for a survival bunker. You might to also believe there is a food shortage because 20 food processing facilities all burnt down over the weekend and you might want to believe the new 20 genetically modified food processing plant in leu of the old ones are good for you! You might also want to believe in the new narrative that Russia and China and Iran are your new best buddies.

You don't have inertia and momentum in shipping logistics that has been refine and honed over the centuries that was 5 star in ratings, going straight down into a swan dive in the pavement below, than come out with some cocky meme story of blowing sunshine up my *** as to why they believe this occurs. Not happening

Comment

If I'm picturing what you are describing, you have two "100" levers on a 2-pole breaker that are connected together? That means you have 100A of 240V available at that breaker. When you have just one lever on a single-pole breaker, it's that amount of 120V. This will usually be limited to 30A breakers. To make matters more confusing, there will sometimes be tandem breakers in a panel, which put two circuits of only 120V on the same breaker. And then there will be combos of those.

Comment

Without actually seeing what your current electrical situation is, nobody here can tell you exactly what items you'll need to get your welder going. If you know an electrician, great. If not, hire one. Have him look at your situation and your welder requirements and decide what you need, then purchase the necessary items.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
              If I'm picturing what you are describing, you have two "100" levers on a 2-pole breaker that are connected together? That means you have 100A of 240V available at that breaker. When you have just one lever on a single-pole breaker, it's that amount of 120V. This will usually be limited to 30A breakers. To make matters more confusing, there will sometimes be tandem breakers in a panel, which put two circuits of only 120V on the same breaker. And then there will be combos of those.
              Yes that is correct "2 100AMP " levers on a 2-pole breaker that are connected together, is that double pull single throw breaker? Now some are saying they run from 50 amp breaker through a 50 amp plug, others are saying the machine uses up to 70 amps or run there machine on 70 AMP breaker and some say it requires a 100 AMP breaker to be on the safe side, without causing the breaker to pop under full load. and the proper wire for that 100 amp breaker.

I'm only trying to determine what is required to safely run the machine at full load on HF as the machine could peek to 310 Amps with the duty cycle as it's designed to do that.

Comment

Some of those machines are "power factor corrected" and have a "P" on the front panel..I have one of those machines I bought new.........and ran it on a 50 amp breaker be it TIG or ARC welding right up to full capacity.......Now of course that is not a square wave machine but did me fine for many decades on all metals until I bought a new 280DX............Pay attention to the new Line coming from your main.....make sure it's oversized for the distance ran and amperage........and go back to your main and see if that is a 100 or 200 amp panel?......might even check your wire size coming from the street or pole......if it's rated at 200 amps as some are but only feeding a 100 amp panel.....upgrade the panel to 200 amps and send 100 amps to the shop..If it's only 100 amps total.....your going to have to share the usage btw the house and shop...can be done as long as you have proper protection along the path..

Comment

Just to take a step back, are you sure you want a Dialarc HF, and are you sure you want that one in particular (sounds like it's missing accessories)? It sounds like it will cost a lot more than many other more capable machines for AC Tig once you get all the accessories and electrical straight. Free may even cost you more than a more capable complete setup if you're planning to run it even close to it's duty cycle. And if you're missing accessories, you won't be able to fully check function. PFC helps, but has its own issues and limitations.

I am willing to bet if you get an electrician and read straight from the manual Bushy recommended, the electrician will figure out what he or she needs to buy. 8/3 SOOW probably isn't one of those items. Now, I won't guarantee you the connections will all be tightened after the electrician is done, at least not if you're in northern New Mexico...

Comment

Not very easy to find a metal case foot control remote but i have four. And 4 sale to the correct bidder.

Comment

I just got a Miller foot controller, I was one of those bidders Now I was talking to an electrician, I'm in Canada, trying to get good used machine is hard to come by, delivered. The electrician has estimated the job at $1200.00 that is including the plasma cutter wiring etc.

The plasma cutter I got from Vevor called the "Cut 50" tried it on Sunday and it would not cut 1/8th steel? and the machine keep going into over heating mode and eventually popped the breaker to the kids bedroom breaker - computers - gaming and angry addicted children

The machine has only got a 3G2.5 mm cord coming out which is only rated at 14 AWG = 15 amps
                      but two models listed in the owners manual require 35 amps at 110v or 40-45 amps at 110v.
                      Last edited by weldslikebutter; 05-10-2022, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Those generic chinese plasma cutters are a gamble at best... No one has much good to say about them other than the price. Keep an eye out for a used miller or hypertherm. It'll probably work better off 240V, but you get what you pay for.

Comment

I have never liked a 115v plasma cutter. Makes me want to grab the plasma cutter and bludgeon it against the metal I’m cutting. Only good for cutting auto body sheet metal, downhill with a tailwind.

Comment

Originally posted by weldslikebutter View Post
                            ...The machine has only got a 3G2.5 mm cord coming out which is only rated at 14 AWG = 15 amps
                            but two models listed in the owners manual require 35 amps at 110v or 40-45 amps at 110v.
                            The "rating" depends on the governing body and the circumstances. The manufacturer is not limited to the extra safety measures in the typical electrical construction codes. And separately, welding equipment (plasma cutters are often the same in this regard) has a duty cycle that allows for different ratings on wiring. It is actually common that a welder with 30A input might be made with a AWG14 cord.

AWG12 wire can handle 50A, completely to code, in many circumstances.

Comment

AWG12 wire can handle 50A, completely to code, in many circumstances.
                              I mention that on tractor forum and they come unglued. After all they been wiring for 40 years and taught Edison everything he knows. Seems with that long, that much experience,,, got it all, industrial, new wire etc that someone would explain how a circuit breaker works. I feel like saying when I hear,,,, All the breaker does in protect a wire in the wall" I got to wonder,,, how one can get a fuggin license if that is ALL they know about it.
                              Mac eluded to equipment,,, its worth a look at 90.7 I believe,,, they describe in a general way equipment listed in code needs to comply. Generally,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the internals follow the fixture, the tap and cord allowances.

Comment

Working...
                              X