Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ltbadd
    replied
    If you're asking if you can turn the weld shade down to a lower number, then yes you can, unless you are already at the lowest number

Leave a comment:

• cubangt
    replied
    took a few attempts on the settings, but new helmet worked out great.. def like how clear it is before the arc, but did have some questions.. im not sure if im asking to much, but trying to dial it in some, after i start welding, its just as dark as my other helmet, i played with the shade setting, but was wondering if its possible to go 1 shade lighter on weld setting to see just a bit more during the weld..if not thats ok just need to adjust my viewing angle to see better.. had some good welds going yesterday and then i lost track and ended up with some "straight to angle" welds lol

Leave a comment:

• cubangt
    replied
    yep, new mig liner installed this past weekend, new helmet lastnight so hoping today will be a smooth evening of plasma cutting and some minor welding to finish up some orders

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Back in the game then.

Leave a comment:

• cubangt
    replied
    Well she came thru and will be using it this evening to finish up some orders.. got me the Classic ClearLight, already adjusted the fit and the settings, so its ready to put to the test.. my old one was giving me troubles again, so it will be nice to have one less thing to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• cubangt
    replied
    wont know until this week, so cant say yet.. "there was a delay in delivery" so lets see..

Leave a comment:

• Taw Paw
    replied
    Originally posted by cubangt View Post
    I have yet to buy one because my wife said she was going to get me one for fathers day, so lets hope she comes thru because i really need something better..
    Well did she come thru?

Leave a comment:

• cubangt
    replied
    I have yet to buy one because my wife said she was going to get me one for fathers day, so lets hope she comes thru because i really need something better..

Leave a comment:

• Ltbadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Taw Paw View Post
    I have a Miller Elite. I had it for about 18 years now. Coin batteries hold up well. Changed head gear on it, paint is all messed up on outside. I am now having trouble with battery holders due to dry rotting and breaking. I may have to replace it soon. Its been a really good helmet for me.
    I had a ~2004 DE and the battery holder housing finally failed, I now have a Clearlight DE and really like it. Would be interesting to be able to compare it to the new Clearlight 2.0

Leave a comment:

• Taw Paw
    replied
    I have a Miller Elite. I had it for about 18 years now. Coin batteries hold up well. Changed head gear on it, paint is all messed up on outside. I am now having trouble with battery holders due to dry rotting and breaking. I may have to replace it soon. Its been a really good helmet for me.

Leave a comment:

• Ltbadd
    replied
    Miller has their new Clearlight 2.0, supposed to be even better clarity.

Leave a comment:

• mmurray39
    replied
    Speedglass

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I had a similar hood branded Hobart, but ya man, it’s over for that hood. It’s a hard task to find a comfortable, “high quality” hood for cheap. Don’t be afraid to invest in yourself though. Optrel, 3m, most of the name brands are going to serve you well. I’ve been impressed with the optrel crystal 2.0. Great optics, clear vision. I also have an expensive Miller something or other. The one thing I’ll say negative about the Miller is that it does not like batteries that aren’t the Miller batteries. I have had trouble using off the shelf batts in it. But it doesn’t burn through batteries much so it’s not a big deal to have the Miller battery ready.

Get the best hood you can afford.

And whatever you get, go ahead and get a package of inside and outside sacrificial lens. You’ll need them.

Let me know what you decide on.

Leave a comment:

• cubangt
    replied
    Yea im leaning more and more towards the miller hood. I took a look at mine lastnight and couldnt find anything to remove in order to get to any batteries, i looked up the specs on their website and found the following:
    • Solar powered cells with battery assist provide up to 6 years of expected life under normal welding conditions (no battery change needed)
    So im wondering it this hood has provided its final service. I mean its been well over 10yrs old

Leave a comment:

• Ltbadd
    replied
    Originally posted by cubangt View Post
    And after the first 2 responses, this was the 2nd options im considering
    https://www.millerwelds.com/safety/h...hnology-m30254
    You'll be happy with the Miller for sure, good call. I have a Optrel e684 and the clearlight version of the Digital Elite both are nice
    Last edited by Ltbadd; 05-04-2022, 04:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X