Good helmet that wont break the bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taw Paw View Post
    I have a Miller Elite. I had it for about 18 years now. Coin batteries hold up well. Changed head gear on it, paint is all messed up on outside. I am now having trouble with battery holders due to dry rotting and breaking. I may have to replace it soon. Its been a really good helmet for me.
    I had a ~2004 DE and the battery holder housing finally failed, I now have a Clearlight DE and really like it. Would be interesting to be able to compare it to the new Clearlight 2.0
    Richard
    West coast of Florida

Comment

I have yet to buy one because my wife said she was going to get me one for fathers day, so lets hope she comes thru because i really need something better..

Comment

Originally posted by cubangt View Post
        I have yet to buy one because my wife said she was going to get me one for fathers day, so lets hope she comes thru because i really need something better..
        Well did she come thru?

Comment

wont know until this week, so cant say yet.. "there was a delay in delivery" so lets see..

Comment

Well she came thru and will be using it this evening to finish up some orders.. got me the Classic ClearLight, already adjusted the fit and the settings, so its ready to put to the test.. my old one was giving me troubles again, so it will be nice to have one less thing to worry about.

Comment

Back in the game then.

Comment

yep, new mig liner installed this past weekend, new helmet lastnight so hoping today will be a smooth evening of plasma cutting and some minor welding to finish up some orders

Comment

took a few attempts on the settings, but new helmet worked out great.. def like how clear it is before the arc, but did have some questions.. im not sure if im asking to much, but trying to dial it in some, after i start welding, its just as dark as my other helmet, i played with the shade setting, but was wondering if its possible to go 1 shade lighter on weld setting to see just a bit more during the weld..if not thats ok just need to adjust my viewing angle to see better.. had some good welds going yesterday and then i lost track and ended up with some "straight to angle" welds lol

Comment

If you're asking if you can turn the weld shade down to a lower number, then yes you can, unless you are already at the lowest number
                    Richard
                    West coast of Florida

Comment

Working...
                    X