Coolant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant?

Now that Miller coolant is $40-60 per gallon, what are folks using in their torch coolers? (Please don't say Dex-Cool) Fronius coolant seems a little cheaper. I want to keep my costs down, but I also don't want to mess up my coolers. (We get about -10F here occasionally. It probably stays a little warmer in the garage.)

Hypertherm has a 30:70 propylene glycol coolant with freeze protection down to 10F. It looks like 30:70 PG gives "burst" protection down to -18F. (I.e. it gets slushy between 10F and -18F, but will still flow enough to not burst hoses and pipes.) It seems that should be safe for winter storage. Anybody have experiences with this?

Comment

Cantesco CF-3

Comment

Dex-Cool! :P

Comment

Weldcote coolant
          Richard
          West coast of Florida

Comment

Originally posted by jjohn76 View Post
            Cantesco CF-3
            I'm sort of astounded that Amazon sells this stuff with free 1-day Prime shipping. Like Amazon itself sells it, not a marketplace seller.

Comment

I can't remember remember if they sell the 5 gallon jugs of it too. USA weld used to carry a brand too - can't remember it, but they also had an additive I used to put in with distilled water in warmer weather.

Comment

Working...
              X