Migmatic 273

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migmatic 273

I have recently acquired two used Miller Migmatic 273 mig welders. They are supposedly both functional, but I haven't had time to test them yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220111_152811050.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	618983

The first unit seems to have all the original parts and wires still factory tied together. But I noticed that the board in the front with an LED display board is missing. I assume that the board was removed for some odd reason. Another thing that stood out was the broken contactor. Someone must have pulled on the power cable a little too hard and broke the contactor case.

The first unit:

Name:	unit1_1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	385.3 KB
ID:	618984

Name:	unit1_2.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	618985

Name:	unit1_3.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	618986

The second unit seems to have had the control board replaced with an aftermarket one. The cables are all a mess and the potentiometer for "Spot Weld Timer" has its wires cut. However the LED display board is there.

The second unit:

Name:	unit2_1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	371.2 KB
ID:	618988

Name:	unit2_2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	618989

Name:	unit2_3.jpg
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	618990

Name:	unit2_4.jpg
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	618991

Any comment or recommendation by anyone using this welder would be welcome. I hope I find some time to test both units over the weekend.

Comment

I assume this is 3 phase unit? Good share of the time they stopped using them cause they were broke.

Comment

Looks like a tapped three phase welder. That contactor looks like it needs a replacement, don't see the spring that keeps the contacts separated, and who knows what else. As long as you get the contactor power rating right and the correct solenoid voltage (the motor board has a couple relays, one is likely for your gas solenoid, the other for your contactor relay), you should be able to find a replacement . I think the missing boards are optional. You won't get output power without the contactor. Have you found a manual for the machine?

Comment

Working...
        X