Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Plasma worth?

Hey Guys,

I have a plasma cutter, PROCUT 55 that works fine. I am looking to upgrade and was interested if anyone knew a fair asking price for it? Its was purchased years ago and been a good unit. I changed out the torch several years ago, and just recently changed out the two circuit boards and both fan motors. It working good now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

My thinking in general for used tools and equipment is 1/4 to 1/2 value of new. This can be adjusted for condition, age and how bad somebody needs it.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Comment

Is it a 230v machine? What was the price new or what is the price of a comparable machine now?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
        Is it a 230v machine? What was the price new or what is the price of a comparable machine now?
        Yes its a 230v machine. New/similar machine is just north of $2000.00 all in.

Comment

I guess it depends on how quickly you want to sell it.

Comment

Well that's a good question. I am usually pretty impatient on these type of things. LOL

Comment

Throw it up for sale for sale for $800 and settle for $500 and it’ll probably sell pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                Throw it up for sale for sale for $800 and settle for $500 and it’ll probably sell pretty fast.
                Is their a better spot to post it or just a local outlet?

Thanks

Comment

It wouldhave to be a bargain and I would have to need it to give up for it. And if I needed one would likely buy new unless someone near gave it away.

Comment

I’d try to sell it through local outlets before I did eBay or something like that.

Comment

Right now Facebook Marketplace seems to have overtaken Craigslist for local sales. Other than the downside of dealing with Facebook it's safer and gets more visibility. I've sold a bunch of stuff there that used to all be Craigslist stuff...welders, lathes, compressors, bench vises, anvils, etc.

With something like a plasma cutter I would much rather sell locally so the buyer can try it and have a chance to ask questions.

Comment

Working...
                      X