Trailblazer 325 EFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailblazer 325 EFI

I purchased this unit new probably has less than 5 hours use. Cranked it up for a little welding work and it wont weld. Real weak spark but nothing else.

I have 120v output on the blue plug. Brushes and slip rings look good. The unit is out of the warranty period. What can I check next? Thanks in advance.

Did you remove the brushes and brush holder to make sure they move freely? Have you tried it in different settings? Have you read through the trouble shooting guide in the manual? Please post serial number and someone more qualified than I might answer.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Comment

When you turn on the weld output, how much open circuit voltage is at the weld output studs? You should see about 65 volts at low idle and about 90-93 volts at full run speed.

Comment

Originally posted by MMW View Post
        Did you remove the brushes and brush holder to make sure they move freely? Have you tried it in different settings? Have you read through the trouble shooting guide in the manual? Please post serial number and someone more qualified than I might answer.
        Will check the brush movement tomorrow, different settings we have tried. Yes the manual says brushes, slip rings, and (2) boards.

SN mh451113r

Comment

Originally posted by blue_tech View Post
          When you turn on the weld output, how much open circuit voltage is at the weld output studs? You should see about 65 volts at low idle and about 90-93 volts at full run speed.
          Yep, thats what we saw.

Comment

With that much OCV present, I am concerned with a "weak spark" comment. The OCV value is correct, so the arc initiation should be sufficient unless you have issues in the secondary weld cables. Like cables are coiled up, too long and under sized, bad connections, etc... The unit is able to stick, TIG and MIG. Do you have the ability to check in any mode of welding? Like it welds ok when I stick weld, but issues with MIG welding...

Comment

Originally posted by blue_tech View Post
              With that much OCV present, I am concerned with a "weak spark" comment. The OCV value is correct, so the arc initiation should be sufficient unless you have issues in the secondary weld cables. Like cables are coiled up, too long and under sized, bad connections, etc... The unit is able to stick, TIG and MIG. Do you have the ability to check in any mode of welding? Like it welds ok when I stick weld, but issues with MIG welding...
              For context I am an electrical contractor so size, connections, lengths etc.. have been considered and it "worked before"

I will post a video for you to see the weak spark. No I do not have other items to attach to this one for other testing.

Comment

We have quite had a few come in for repair with the same problem you have. The connection from the stabilizer to the inverter assembly turned out to be the problem.it is not something you can see .front panel has to be removed.

Comment

Working...
                X