Balling on a budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balling on a budget

Looking for a cheap bare bones power source. Preferably under $1000. Something 220/1ph or convertible. Bidding on an xmt350 Thurs, not having high hopes nor do I really want to gamble on a machine that I have no way of knowing if it functions. I have plenty of access to leads and feeders etc.

​​​​​Is the auction route my best or only bet?
    Any pointers or links appreciated.

Decide on what you want and be patient if you’re looking on the used market. It will pop up, so wait for your deal.

Comment

Craigslist & Facebook Marketplace always have dozens of welders. Be very well informed. More welders being sold on these sites are nothing you'd want.
      Dynasty 280DX
      Bobcat 250
      MM252
      Spool gun
      Twentieth Century 295
      Twentieth Century 295 AC
      Marquette spot welder
      Smith torches

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3005284280019/

Comment

Found that out the hard way, I'm afraid to report...

I know it was a bonehead move, I guess I just expected IronPlanet to be a little better than hosting a giant crapshoot. Is what it is. Plan on doing the little I can to cut my losses. I'll spread the message about IronPlanet and the next 5 Ben Frank's will go first few months pmt on a new one. It's only money.. The Gov prints it everyday!

Comment

So what did you get that won’t work?

Comment

Affirmative. Fried.

Comment

Right, but what was it you bought that is fried?

Comment

A 2015 xmt350. I'm not exactly sure what the tech said failed pre power check. He estimated repair was $3k

Comment

Working...
                  X