I HATE my welder, MM 252

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldgrandad View Post
    I'm guessing that you have set the liner nice and close to the rollers. I had a bird nesting problem a few years back and it turned out to be to big a gap after the rollers.
    In this gun the liner doesn't come into play. There is a cap, or nozzle on the end of the adapter that approaches the rollers. Doesn't seem to be an adjustment, only tapered thread in two places where I might alter torque to very slightly change length. The outside of the "nipple" shaped end has marks where it touched the rollers at some time. I'll guess it loosened up at some time in the past.
    Dynasty 280DX
    Bobcat 250
    MM252
    Spool gun
    Twentieth Century 295
    Twentieth Century 295 AC
    Marquette spot welder
    Smith torches

Comment

My guess is the arcing is caused by something shorting out inside the gun cable. Like the liner touching a bare trigger wire. Some guns come with an extra wire pulled thru to use if that happens. Myself I would try another gun
      Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
        My guess is the arcing is caused by something shorting out inside the gun cable. Like the liner touching a bare trigger wire. Some guns come with an extra wire pulled thru to use if that happens. Myself I would try another gun
        No arcing, just friction marks where the welder end adapter tip has touched the rollers at some time.

In this machine the roller & gun gripping assembly is connected to a power conductor from the welder bowels. current should flow from the adapter, through cable surrounding the liner, to contact tip. Wire also is energized, but the cable being the better conductor, little actual current should flow through wire. The wire becomes conductor only after it passes through the contact tip.
        Dynasty 280DX
        Bobcat 250
        MM252
        Spool gun
        Twentieth Century 295
        Twentieth Century 295 AC
        Marquette spot welder
        Smith torches

Comment

Working...
        X