Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ltbadd
    replied
    Go to Western Enterprises and look there, if they have what you need get the part number and order from a (local) distributer

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-13 184707.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	617785

Leave a comment:

• justBill
    replied
    I had the same problem. My local Airgas dealer ordered me a new fitting direct from CK and that fixed the problem.

Leave a comment:

• elkvis
    replied
    As a hobbyist, whose equipment rarely makes me money, I'm reluctant to simply throw something away, when it could be fixed, if only parts were available.

Leave a comment:

• Weld dr
    replied
    No fitting is made for the cable repair water or air sorry we just scrap them.

Leave a comment:

• elkvis
    replied
    It's not a water-cooled torch. It's a 17. The fitting I need would screw into a 9 or 17 torch or the appropriate adapter, and would carry electric current as well as shielding gas.

See photo for reference.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Weld dr
    replied
    If you are talking about the power cable there is no fitting available. The weld cable is connected to both ends and the coolant runs through the fitting.

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    Something like this work?

https://www.arc-zone.com/Hose-Repair-Kit-A-HRW-316BL

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Post some pictures. I’ve repaired my tig hoses before. HTP sells several different replacement fittings for welding machine adapters.

Leave a comment:

• elkvis
    started a topic TIG Hose Fitting Replacement

TIG Hose Fitting Replacement

I have a CK superflex hose/power cable for a 9/17 torch, and one of the fittings broke the first time I tried to screw it into my dinse adapter. CK warrantied the whole kit - torch, hose, and adapter - and the broken one currently works in its broken state. It is tight enough not to leak. I simply can't disassemble it without cutting something. Is it possible to put a new fitting on the end of the hose? Where could I source one? I've googled, but came up with nothing but pre-assembled hoses with fittings already installed. The local welding supply (Mississippi Welders Supply) said they couldn't do it, and I should just buy a new hose (of course). If I can fix it for <$20 instead of an $80 hose, I'd like that a lot better.
Working...
X