No announcement yet.

Upgraded!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cousin bought a new MF a few years ago and thing was a turd. Broke every single time he used it, the regen system was a mess and then he couldn’t get parts for it. This is up in farm country Wisconsin too! He ended up having a flatbed haul it to the kubota dealer and traded the pile of junk off. I’m happy to hear yours has been much better than his though. Hope it stays that way!

Comment

Here's my old Dialarc for sale:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3005284280019/

Comment

New rig is supposed to arrive today although watching it's tracking makes me wonder. I know I'll probably never deal with this vendor again.. a week after ordering (and having the money transferred) and they still had not even shipped it until I called them and threatened to cancel.

Comment

New welder arrived and I got a chance to set it up today and try it out.. fantastic! I could never get a satisfactory weld on my Lincoln mig machine but this Multi 220 was laying pro-looking beads from the start. Tig is super easy too. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
            My cousin bought a new MF a few years ago and thing was a turd. Broke every single time he used it, the regen system was a mess and then he couldn’t get parts for it. This is up in farm country Wisconsin too! He ended up having a flatbed haul it to the kubota dealer and traded the pile of junk off. I’m happy to hear yours has been much better than his though. Hope it stays that way!
            Mine was a left over and doesn't have a DPF. It does have egr that don't care for but... Thats why I took it.
            Dynasty 400 Wireless
            Coolmate 3.5
            Aerowave loaded with Sequencer and pulse
            ​Watermate 1A
            ​Coolmate 3
            XMT350 CC/CV
            D74DX Feeder double the fun
            Optima Pulse Pendant
            WC24
            30A spoolgun
            Neverlast 100 amp plasma with Hyper Duramax torch
            Avortec 280 mig
            GO CNC Poweredge CC/CV pulse and double pulse
            Harris Old school 2 stage Oxy/Ace
            Victor flow meters
            Flametech Duel flowmeters
            Just a hilljack in the woods with fancy welding equipment
            and a pet Raccoon.

Comment

Both of my kubota’s are pre-exhaust nazi stuff. I don’t have any plans to let them go. Sounds like you got a decent one.

Glad you got your new machine up and choochin, JTMD.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                Both of my kubota’s are pre-exhaust nazi stuff.
                My LS's Yanmar engine is officially rated at 24.5 HP, I presume so it can avoid all the exhaust fubar. Either that or the engineers really dialed in the pump and cylinder specs because it works like it's got a lot more horsepower. and no DEP or regen or cats.. not even a computer.. just a good-ol working tractor.
                Last edited by JTMD; 10-14-2021, 12:27 PM. Reason: fat fingers

Comment

Man you’re fast!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	580 Super N.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	617900 Click image for larger version

Name:	580 Super N.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	617901

Mine's just right in size
                    Attached Files
                    Dynasty 280DX
                    Bobcat 250
                    MM252
                    Spool gun
                    Twentieth Century 295
                    Twentieth Century 295 AC
                    Marquette spot welder
                    Smith torches

Comment

Willie, I like your stuff. As you say, just right. Trailer to match. Not so old that its all worn out and you got to fuss over some headache before you can use it. If you are making some money with it the cab is nice, saves a lot of work especially in crap climate, makes the rest of it last longer. I dont remember all the details but you have covered parking?

Comment

I have spent many many many hours on the back of 3 and 4 stick 580s. I hated them when I first started running equipment, but after a while I got to really like them. Not every operator can run a 580 well.

Comment

Good to see you got your new welder working. If I could get 600 for a Dialarc and lean it towards a new modern machine I would be all over it. There is nothing wrong with a Dial but they invent new stuff for a reason and a 200 inverter can now do the work and to tell the truth can slide by with a 160 and can run on 120V. All this is especially great in small garage, dont need heavy service yo tin a 1/8 7018 and a 200 will run 5/32 easy. from a common 50A circuit. In some cases so much less than an upgrade for am old junker.
                          Last edited by Sberry; 10-21-2021, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X