a frames in back of 1 ton trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a frames in back of 1 ton trucks

Anyone have pictures and information on where and how to properly mount an A frame on a one ton flat bed?

Jim, are you looking to mount the two A's along the frame rails, or across the frame rails? What are you starting with?

Jon
    Last edited by jjohn76; 09-08-2021, 08:20 AM.

Comment

John I haven't a clue how they are attached to beds, I know it matters how close to the end of the bed they are mounted. I just used the A frame to get a conversation going.

A truck with an A frame is something I have always wanted since my material swamping days in construction. I'm after my SIL to get rid of his old dodges bed so we can turn it into a flat bed with an A frame for bringing steel home from the steel house.

I told him I wanted to put new springs and shocks on the front to carry a snow plow, and do airbags in the back and run dullies. I think it would be a cool project, it's transmission was rebuilt not that long ago .
      Last edited by tackit; 09-08-2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Just get a flatbed trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShieldArc View Post
          Just get a flatbed trailer.
          I have a trailer, but I want a dump bed truck for when taking our bags of democrat to the county dump.

Comment

Working...
          X