Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SHHH, don't let the Bushies know you looked at one of my garbage posts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHHH, don't let the Bushies know you looked at one of my garbage posts.

I broke my shop glasses once and for fun and to try out a repair idea I had, I commenced to try and repair my broken glasses.

First I stripped the insulation off two #12 crimp on wire connectors, and the ends of two pieces of #12 wire for the arm pieces. I used 2% electronic silver solder I have on hand to solder the ear arms on the lens frame. The repair was so strong, worked so well, and was so comfortable, I used the glasses for a couple weeks before finally replacing them. It was nice not having to adjust them all the time.

Nice! I need to figure something out - nose broken too many times makes it tough to get a pair of glasses to not sit crooked. #12 MTW?

Comment

Originally posted by jjohn76 View Post
      Nice! I need to figure something out - nose broken too many times makes it tough to get a pair of glasses to not sit crooked. #12 MTW?
      No not MTW, its just #12 Romex. They actually are more comfortable to wear than my regular glasses, They may adjust to your nose better than regular reading glasses do. I hope my idea helped you out JJohn. Thanks for clicking on the thread.
      Last edited by tackit; 09-07-2021, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Thank you Jim. I figured it was another song. My boss used to wake me up that way in the field. Stand to is probably a bit different nowadays than it used to be.

Jon

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MLP_65.png
Views:	69
Size:	341.7 KB
ID:	617129

Comment

Working...
            X