250NT Bobcat Kohler CH-20S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250NT Bobcat Kohler CH-20S

So, the engine is running, but it is not returning to idle. Any ideas?

Could the carb linkage be touching something or be dirty and sticking.

Comment

I pulled the idle control solenoid, and the plunger is stuck. Probably rust. If I can get it out tomorrow, what is the possibility of cleaning it up and it working?

Comment

For over 15 years I have used a product called CorrosionX to protect, lubricate and clean my firearms and everything mechanical I want to protect, it's absolutely the best.

https://www.corrosionx.com/collectio...cts/corrosionx
        Last edited by tackit; 08-31-2021, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Do you know if anyone has savaged the Solenoid? They are almost $100.

Comment

You might try calling a few authorized Miller repair centers and ask if they have a used one they would be willing to sell you.

Comment

I cleaned the solenoid up, but it is not pulling the engine back to idle. I had the stator on the engine disconnected at the regulator so it might not be getting voltage. After I get that repair complete, I will start back on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chick View Post
                I cleaned the solenoid up, but it is not pulling the engine back to idle. I had the stator on the engine disconnected at the regulator so it might not be getting voltage. After I get that repair complete, I will start back on this.
                I think on a 250 you need the regulator connected for it idle. Don't quote me but i remember one of them needs it.
                For suer you need the heavy cable from the engine to the frame to make the idle work.

Comment

Working...
                X