No announcement yet.

LP Tank Sandblaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before the HF sand blasting cabinet, that's what we used. It's good for small jobs like rims, I used to put my face through a Tee shirt's neck hole to keep the media from getting in my hair and in my ears. I used safety glasses and a face shield for face protection and welding gloves. It worked OK for cleaning rims I wanted to paint.

Comment

I get sand for 20 a ton. I figured maybe you had valve but I couldn't see it. I have never used beads. There is a sand plant near me, graded.

Comment

I got 1/4 xxh pipe nipples 6 inches long and cut them in half for nozzles.

Comment

I might try building one, I have a union holding the ceramic nozzle in I can convert to a reducer and nipple. I bought my hose and nozzle from Texas Blasters. https://texasblaster.com/

It's a nice setup, but my system doesn't work with theirs evidently. I wonder if a drill bit that drills through ceramic tile would also drill through a ceramic nozzle? You would think they would.
          Last edited by tackit; 08-12-2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

The SIL stopped by the shop and took a picture of our setup and we already changed it out, but haven't tried it out yet, it's been years since we used it now that we have the we HF Cabinet.

Comment

Working...
            X