LP Tank Sandblaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP Tank Sandblaster

It needs a larger tip, it backs up at the tip every time I use it.

what is the hand crank on top for, to stir the media?
    Richard
    West coast of Florida

Comment

Ltbadd, It's to tighten the raised plug cap. I use a 12" funnel that fits in the coupling's hole for filling the tank with sand blasting media. I used mostly fittings I had on the shelf to build it. The wye fitting at the bottom of the tank I had to order.
      Last edited by tackit; 08-09-2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

These type of posts might be more appropriate in the welding projects forum, which is just for things like this.

Comment

No Problem, I'll stop posting them,

Comment

I mean, on the Welding Projects sub-forum here on the miller forums. https://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/welding-projects

Comment

I did the same from 100#. I did the top a bit different and I see you added an air receiver. I made nozzles and didnt use a deadman
              does the receiver snatch up a little water?

Comment

Carry the blaster plugs up so fast I never have run it long enough to find out, I have to build a new nozzle system for it, but never have since I have the HF blasting cabinet which works pretty good.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	siphon head.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	616514 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_42269.jpg Views:	5 Size:	30.9 KB ID:	616504 I should get some pics of the noz.
                  Last edited by Sberry; 08-10-2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Those are about as close as I have, they were for a slightlty different job but may use some of the same parts. I didnt want to jump on youir thread right out the gate but I have done this a couple times. I let Dons steel rack thread run a while for I hijacked it,,, ha I jump on other forums occasionally with blast and paint and paint booth setup and do it with the same instinct as electric grounding etc where I study the fundamental principle a bit. These other guys follow moree details of design but I fiddle with it a little till it works but it has to align with a couple fundamentals.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	sand pot.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	616508 Click image for larger version

Name:	sand pot valves.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	616509 Click image for larger version

Name:	sand pot top.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	616510 Click image for larger version

Name:	sand pot.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	616511 The air in the tank is fundamentally there to keep it slightly above the pressure of the blast line. Its slightly hard to see small details but looks like we may have the same noz with reducing coupling to the hose? No other parts. Doesnt need it all like the pic of the siphon version I post above.
                      But,,, pic of the wye at tghe bottom, I used a common T but you absolutely need a valve to regulate the sand flow if there is not one there, above it from the tank. I dont think its really upour noz plugging, I think its plugging all the way. Its slightly a combination adjustment, not much air flows thru the tank, sane it pretty much in the way but the valve on bottom to regulate and the valve coming down to regulate air velocity. You need a mix of sand and air and not solid sand.
                      Maybe you know all this. if so its for others trying this same thing.
                      Last edited by Sberry; 08-10-2021, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Not sure if you can see the bottom valve but its there. Tuning saves a lot of sand and can regulate impact. Take the valve off the end of the hose. That stops flow. If you use that close sand at bottom, turn on air, let pressure build and turn it on then turn on sand. I wear heavy welder glove and simply hold thump over till the pressure builds most of the way. What wears all that deadman stuff out is stopping with abrasive in the line. When shutting down I shut sand off, should extend a linkage,,, ha but shut off sand and let line clear then shut down air to the unit.
                        5 hp should use 3/16 or so noz. Put a screen in your funnel.
                        Last edited by Sberry; 08-10-2021, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Carry I have a ball valve at the bottom of the tank to regulate the amount of media coming out of the tank, I need a bigger nozzle hole like you suggested, mine is 3/32, I was thinking 3/16 or even 1/4", I experimented with the ball valve and nothing I tried worked, it always plugged the nozzle. It might work if I used glass bead, but that stuff is pretty expensive and not practical for removing rust.

Comment

I copied a Marco 150 sand blaster as best I could.

Comment

I only have one of those little handheld sandblasters. I don't have a shop, and thus nowhere to put big things...

Comment

Working...
                              X