X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sledsports
    replied
    Originally posted by robert-r View Post
    Sorry for the late update. We left for a long vacation the day of my last post and did not have time to take the welder in for repair. So the machine went in on Monday - 8/30/21. Just got this text from RJ Kates:

"Hey Robert,

This is Brendon from RJ Kates. You're Dynasty is all done and ready to go!
    Was just a corrupted card. We installed the software from our card, updated yours and tested the machine good."

I'm thrilled. Will pick it up tomorrow morning. Great service! Go Miller!!!
    So my response on pg 2 was correct.

Leave a comment:

• tarry99
    replied
    Originally posted by tarry99 View Post
    Perhaps that software was corrupted ......or somewhere along its path to that welder?
    ....hummmmm

Leave a comment:

• robert-r
    replied
    Sorry for the late update. We left for a long vacation the day of my last post and did not have time to take the welder in for repair. So the machine went in on Monday - 8/30/21. Just got this text from RJ Kates:

"Hey Robert,

This is Brendon from RJ Kates. You're Dynasty is all done and ready to go!
    Was just a corrupted card. We installed the software from our card, updated yours and tested the machine good."

I'm thrilled. Will pick it up tomorrow morning. Great service! Go Miller!!!
    Last edited by robert-r; 09-02-2021, 05:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Updating one of my welders means I put a new ground clamp on it.

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    Originally posted by walker View Post

I have never updated my Millermatic 200 either, wouldn’t want to risk bricking it, plus I never found the slot to insert the 8 track tape.
    You sure it doesn't use one of these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vintage-Edison-Wax7878-Cylinder-Phonograph-Records-full-1A-2048:10.10-906c481a-r-cccccc-6.png
Views:	187
Size:	485.0 KB
ID:	616651

Leave a comment:

• walker
    replied
    Originally posted by Helios View Post
    I sure hope my Sync250 never needs to go under the knife because it weighs more than a forklift and would be a MAJOR UNDERTAKING to get to the nearest repair center (70 miles away). It'd be like trying to ship your HOUSE back to the dealership for service.
    I have never updated my Millermatic 200 either, wouldn’t want to risk bricking it, plus I never found the slot to insert the 8 track tape.

Leave a comment:

• sledsports
    replied
    Originally posted by blue_tech View Post
    I am curious why you tried to upload software. Did you look up what the existing software was before doing this? Also, did you use a full-sized SD card to do this update as it is not recommended to use a mini SD card in the adapter. Last question, would be what size was the SD card? As, depending on the serial number of the unit, the size of the SD card can affect the software uploading process.
    This... read this!!! A SD card with too much capacity will not play well with the machine either. I thought I bricked my 400. I bought a large memory card thinking I could use it for my antique go pro... nope. I stopped and bought the cheapest, smallest capacity SD card and downloaded the update again. Plopped it the machine and been goin strong ever since.

Leave a comment:

• Bushytails
    replied
    Helios: The difference is a sync can be fixed at home with easily-available parts and service info, while the new dynasties take exotic parts (skiip modules, for example) and no one has posted modern service manuals, at least that I've been able to find.

I keep hoping someone on this forum has a big stash of service manual pdfs they want to send me...

Leave a comment:

• G-ManBart
    replied
    Originally posted by robert-r View Post

Miller warrants the machine for 3 years. Doesn't seem to matter who owns it. Big win for everyone.
    Nice! I guess I always assumed it was just for the original owner. I don't have anything quite that new

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    I sure hope my Sync250 never needs to go under the knife because it weighs more than a forklift and would be a MAJOR UNDERTAKING to get to the nearest repair center (70 miles away). It'd be like trying to ship your HOUSE back to the dealership for service.

Leave a comment:

• robert-r
    replied
    Will do. Might be a while.

Leave a comment:

• Bushytails
    replied
    When you get it back, please let us know what they repaired, so we have a data point for next time this question comes up, or someone finds it googling.

Leave a comment:

• robert-r
    replied
    Originally posted by G-ManBart View Post
    Shocked that they're going to cover it under warranty since I thought that was only for the original owner?
    Miller warrants the machine for 3 years. Doesn't seem to matter who owns it. Big win for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• robert-r
    replied
    Originally posted by blue_tech View Post
    I am curious why you tried to upload software. Did you look up what the existing software was before doing this? Also, did you use a full-sized SD card to do this update as it is not recommended to use a mini SD card in the adapter. Last question, would be what size was the SD card? As, depending on the serial number of the unit, the size of the SD card can affect the software uploading process.
    I did it to gain the benefit of having the latest software on the machine. I did check what version was there via the hidden menu. I used a full size 16 gb card & formatted it before downloading & unzipping. I looked at the files on the card, iirc they took up about 2/3 of it.

Was not aware of the post on welding tips & tricks regarding SD card size when I "updated" the machine.
    Last edited by robert-r; 08-09-2021, 06:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bushytails
    replied
    They'll warranty it regardless of how many times it's changed hands, but I suspect they'll only give out-of-warranty favors to the original owner.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X