Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moded my pressure washer handle and added a hose reel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moded my pressure washer handle and added a hose reel.

The handle that came from the manufacturer was to low for me, every time I moved it, I would get a pain in my lower back from stooping over to move the washer around, so I took off the front stand and welded it to the existing handle and now I can move the washer around without the pain in my back. The handle was springy from adding the front bumper and the hose reel, so I made the 1" bars which pull off the axle, now their is no more springiness in the handle. I also welded on U-bolts to hold the wand which is a big improvement too.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/cyberj...c-7ba02483f0c6

If any of your are irritated with me posting projects, just say so and I'll quit posting them, no big del on my end.

Ya,,,, its so busy here they want you to stop hogging the bandwidth,,, ha.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
        Ya,,,, its so busy here they want you to stop hogging the bandwidth,,, ha.
        Now that's funny,

Comment

I dont usually look at off site pics. But, that is the kind of thing you just got to stop and fix sometimes. About impossible without a welding machine and quite easy with one.
          Last edited by Sberry; 08-02-2021, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I dont usually look at off site pics. But, that is the kind of thing you just got to stop and fix sometimes. About impossible without a welding machine and quite easy with one.
            You are 100% right. I have a hitch in my lower back that can drop me to the ground if I must bend and hold in a certain position, and like you say, the welding machine with a few bucks worth of steel, was the right medicine for it.

Comment

My world would stop if it wasnt for the welder, the torch and the grinder too. I have about 1/2 a dozen pieces I really lean on and its hard to value rate them in order. Some are improvements, I certainly could have been a bit more savvy earlier but techno has really made it better. The bits, the drills and the cost of so many of the basic tools that do so much of the worlds work has dropped so much its really revolutionary.
              Can buy in a day what they used to save a month for. There is a big argument so to speak about quality,,, and junk etcbut I think the view is skewed and it has slid so much and good marketing has done its part to keep a lot of the old belief alive.
              I think the value is in the generic anymore, the real value isnt getting 50 off on a set of Snapon wrenches, that is ok but its in a 20$ socket set at Walmart and in the screwdrivers at HF. If a guy forgot about where it came from and how much it cost and started using it he would soon appreciate where it came from and more,,, how much it cost.
              Its as good and I like it as goof as the one I paid 4 or 5X 25 years ago. Its hit the welding industry and its dropped like a rock with the inverter. I remember when anything not red or blue was junk or it was expensive. While welders were not cheap by todays standards they were always modest and had the value, they lasted a long time. Guys kept them. The buzzer was fool proof, didnt need parts really and had a good run but is now obsolete. Doesnt mean it doesnt work but I would gladly trade one for a Everlast 150 lunchbox which cost less.

Comment

My world would stop if it wasnt for the welder, the torch and the grinder too. I have about 1/2 a dozen pieces I really lean on and its hard to value rate them in order. Some are improvements, I certainly could have been a bit more savvy earlier but techno has really made it better. The bits, the drills and the cost of so many of the basic tools that do so much of the worlds work has dropped so much its really revolutionary.
                Can buy in a day what they used to save a month for. There is a big argument so to speak about quality,,, and junk etcbut I think the view is skewed and it has slid so much and good marketing has done its part to keep a lot of the old belief alive.
                I think the value is in the generic anymore, the real value isnt getting 50 off on a set of Snapon wrenches, that is ok but its in a 20$ socket set at Walmart and in the screwdrivers at HF. If a guy forgot about where it came from and how much it cost and started using it he would soon appreciate where it came from and more,,, how much it cost.
                Its as good and I like it as goof as the one I paid 4 or 5X 25 years ago. Its hit the welding industry and its dropped like a rock with the inverter. I remember when anything not red or blue was junk or it was expensive. While welders were not cheap by todays standards they were always modest and had the value, they lasted a long time. Guys kept them. The buzzer was fool proof, didnt need parts really and had a good run but is now obsolete. Doesnt mean it doesnt work but I would gladly trade one for a Everlast 150 lunchbox which cost less.
                I feel the same way, almost all of my hand wrenches and socket sets and impact sockets are from Harbor Freight, I bought the son in laws wrench sets too for Christmas presents, I have owned Harbor Freight wrenches and socket sets and a 1/2 ton chain fall from the late 80s, they still are in good shape, no rust or sprung openings and they look as good as Snap Ons to me. The only thing I have replaced is the ratchet wrenches with better one's from Taiwan. I also like Astro brand tools, I believe Harbor Freight wrenches meet Military regulations and standards, good enough for me.

Last edited by tackit; 08-03-2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I feel the same way, almost all of my hand wrenches and socket sets and impact sockets are from HF, I bought the son in laws wrench sets too for Christmas presents, I have owned HF wrenches and socket sets and a 1/2 ton chain fall from the late 80s and early 90s and they still are in good shape, no rust or sprung openings and they look as good as SNAPPY's to me. The only thing I have replaced is the ratchet wrenches with better one's from Taiwan. I also like Astro brand tools, I believe HF wrenches meet Military regulations and standards, which is good enough for me.

Comment

Not that cheapest is best but todays junk is about obvious and the stuff that has the fit, finsh and feel of the real deal pretty much is. 7$ dirst shovel isnt much good, no one makes one as good as a 25$ one which is about a benchmark for adequate working tool. They make a 50$ one, only a pinch better and not worth 2 25$ ones.
                    I still hesitate, its still in the genes but My experience with grinders and toasters is the proprietary is not worth it and while you can get a 10$ one its not the same as the 25$ one they actually build from the same line as the 89$ one and shove in another box.
                    I am done with the 100$ yellow grinder and use the 30$ orange version. I started another job the other day and then realize I had another nib and wasnt earning anything on the shelf so I open it up, comes with a wheel,, ha, Paid for itself right there with second tool running.

Comment

It was nice when you could judge a tool or product by it's weight and amp ratings. Today's electronics have taken those gauges away.

One of the things I don't like about the light weight 255 with the cart, is the way a taller bottle leans towards the front of the machine to keep it from tilting, that's bad designing in my book, I would rather have a caster wheel under the bottle. Light has it's advantages and disadvantages.

I had to put a caster under my big bottle, and it doesn't present a problem for me.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/cyberj...c-9770be4177ba
                      Last edited by tackit; 08-03-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Tack, I'm not sure what's up but I am unable to view most of your photobucket pics. All I get is an advertisement wanting my money.

Comment

Maybe it’s the harbor freight version of photobucket and not the real photobucket.

Comment

I just get the sell job too - wondering if it's because I have Firefox set for ONLY PRIVATE browsing?? ... Steve

Comment

Try this, it says its set to public, https://app.photobucket.com/u/cyberj...c-9770be4177ba

Comment

Working...
                              X