X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tackit
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Is there a particular reason you need a safe to be mobile like that? Seems like you’d want your safe firmly attached to something that makes it very hard to steal, like the floor.
    It never had wheels on it for thirty years, but it needed to be repainted, and getting it out to the shop was a huge job without wheels. I need a new rug and i don't wish to go through the same problems moving it again. It's very heavy, I would guesstimate over 200lbs, and someone is always home. It's fire proof, I just keep important papers in it.

Leave a comment:

• tackit
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
    Yep--that did it. Nice. Like the fancy paint, too.
    Aeronca, the paint is Rustoleum's Verde Green Hammer paint. MFG # (for a six can case,7219830.) The part number number might work for a single can too, but I like the color so I buy it by the six can case. It matches my Ellis saw and Belt grinder's color and texture perfectly.

The cheapest place to buy it is at Home Depot, but they are out of it too, and give no time table when they are expecting their order to come in. Zoro said they expect to get their order on the 16th of August, so I placed an order with them. I checked every on line national home center and none of them have it. It could be a hardware store has it on the shelves somewhere in the country..

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Is there a particular reason you need a safe to be mobile like that? Seems like you’d want your safe firmly attached to something that makes it very hard to steal, like the floor.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Yep--that did it. Nice. Like the fancy paint, too.

Leave a comment:

• Meltedmetal
    replied
    The fix is in, it works now.

Leave a comment:

• tackit
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
    Won't let me see it--just get a sales pitch.
    Thanks, Aeronca you can try it now if you like.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Won't let me see it--just get a sales pitch.

Leave a comment:

• tackit
    started a topic safe mod

safe mod

The 30 year of safe and shop built base got a new paint job, and the stand's legs got new 1/2" leg caps welded on for four new 1/2" stem 4" casters. There is a expanded metal shelf that fits in the angle irons under the safe which is waiting for more paint, as is the top of the safe.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/cyberj...8-aa9eac6b843b
Working...
X