Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is typical maintenance on a Multimatic 200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Most hardware stores sell welding cable by the foot. It is unlikely you’ll have a hard time finding it. Of course, not all hardware stores or hardware store employees are created equal.

Leave a comment:

• tarry99
    replied
    Originally posted by robert-r View Post
    An electrical supply would have that. Home Depot or Lowes maybe.
    Probably not at either of those places.........welding cable is fine stranded copper....any welding supply shop sells it by the foot.

Leave a comment:

• robert-r
    replied
    An electrical supply would have that. Home Depot or Lowes maybe.

Leave a comment:

• cubangt
    replied
    So finally picked up the HF clamp since the cyberweld one is still out of stock and also noticed that the setup they are selling is only 10ft like mine.. So now my question is where is a good place to get the #1 welding lead by the foot? i found this place https://www.wireandcableyourway.com/ that sells it, but wanted to ask here before just going with the first place if there are other places worth looking at before making the purchase.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    You can simply slice a work lead. Wire splice kits are readily available and cheap. I’d post a link, but the site here likes to flag them as spam, so just punch in “#2 wire splice kit”.....or whatever size wire you have.....into your preferred search engine and you’ll find tons of them.

I dropped a piece of steel on one of my tig foot pedals cords a while back. That repair took a bit of finding and then work to get it done.

Leave a comment:

• cubangt
    replied
    awesome, ill look around for that size, thanks..

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    Yes, you doubled the length, more.

Leave a comment:

• cubangt
    replied
    I believe the lead that came with it is a 10ft #2 , so if i go to 25ft, your suggesting i go to a #1?

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    If you make it way longer up it 1 size. This is a new machine, it doesnt need anything to be stored a week except shut off and close gas valve. In a home shop probably never need to be blown.

Leave a comment:

• cubangt
    replied
    just curious, repair how? What sucks is that its only a 10ft lead and the damage is right around the middle of the cable, so cant just cut it and reattach the clamp, cause then it will be to short.. if it was closer to the end of the cable, i would just cut off a few inches and be fine.. for now, i have taped it up until i can order a new one(longer 25ft for now)

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    If it was only the cable that was damaged I’d just repair the cable.

Leave a comment:

• tackit
    replied
    Myself I would wait and go with the cyberweld clamp and cable. you can tape the ground cable up good and wait until the new cable comes in

Leave a comment:

• cubangt
    replied
    So interestingly enough since everyone is talking about the ground clamp, i had a accident this past weekend, i was finishing up a trailer ramp install, the ramp was already welded in place, in the up position for driving, but at this point i hadn't installed the locking pins, so it was just up and leaning in slightly, so no worry about falling, well i decided i needed to move the trailer out a few feet to finish some welds around the hinges from all sides and as soon as i lifted the trailer, the ramp fell and landed smack down on the ground cable(luckily nothing else), but that 1/4" angle landing on that cable flattened it and broke open the rubber. So ill be replacing it anyway, so is it better to get a ground without the clamp and buy one of these that everyone is suggesting?

This one is out of stock, but would buying it complete be better route?

https://store.cyberweld.com/tweco-wo...-ws200g10.html

is there another good source for accessories to look at?

I mean there is this one
    https://www.millerwelds.com/accessor...mp-plug-263800

but not the same clamp, so still need to change it out..
    Last edited by cubangt; 08-04-2021, 09:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BukitCase
    replied
    I have the older HF tweco clones on all but one of my machines; I use a LOT of 2" square tube on projects, and the older ones just BARELY open that wide - I haven't looked at the newer HF offerings up close, but if they only open 1-1/5" (scroll down on the previous link) I wouldn't be interested... Steve

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    I've had these on several different welders over a number of years--some stuff at HF is not too good, but these are great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X