Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is typical maintenance on a Multimatic 200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you make it way longer up it 1 size. This is a new machine, it doesnt need anything to be stored a week except shut off and close gas valve. In a home shop probably never need to be blown.

Comment

I believe the lead that came with it is a 10ft #2 , so if i go to 25ft, your suggesting i go to a #1?

Comment

Yes, you doubled the length, more.

Comment

awesome, ill look around for that size, thanks..

Comment

You can simply slice a work lead. Wire splice kits are readily available and cheap. I’d post a link, but the site here likes to flag them as spam, so just punch in “#2 wire splice kit”.....or whatever size wire you have.....into your preferred search engine and you’ll find tons of them.

I dropped a piece of steel on one of my tig foot pedals cords a while back. That repair took a bit of finding and then work to get it done.

Comment

So finally picked up the HF clamp since the cyberweld one is still out of stock and also noticed that the setup they are selling is only 10ft like mine.. So now my question is where is a good place to get the #1 welding lead by the foot? i found this place https://www.wireandcableyourway.com/ that sells it, but wanted to ask here before just going with the first place if there are other places worth looking at before making the purchase.

Comment

An electrical supply would have that. Home Depot or Lowes maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by robert-r View Post
                  An electrical supply would have that. Home Depot or Lowes maybe.
                  Probably not at either of those places.........welding cable is fine stranded copper....any welding supply shop sells it by the foot.

Comment

Most hardware stores sell welding cable by the foot. It is unlikely you’ll have a hard time finding it. Of course, not all hardware stores or hardware store employees are created equal.

Comment

Working...
                    X