trailer mod take two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer mod take two

I had an old 8X4 utility trailer I never used so I made the trailer wider so I could carry my Snapper Mower on it, the mowers grass shute made the mower to wide to fit on the 8X4 trailer, so I welded a 1 1/2 X 3/16 angle iron down the outside of the 3 X 2 X 3/16 angle iron frame to mount 5/4 deck boards too.

I notched 2X4 treated lumber to run the trailers wiring down the inside of the trailer's angle iron frame, designed a new tongue long enough to mount the tongue box on, and provide better overall tongue and trailer strength. The trailers ramps slide under the deck...

The axle was extended 18", and this spring I bought new hubs, bearing kits, and replaced the trailers wheels and tires,.

I had to apply for a new vehicle serial number and have the police come out and inspect and sign off on the trailer, send the paper work to the state and wait a couple weeks for the new title and plate to arrive..

https://app.photobucket.com/u/cyberj...4-383e3accc9b8

The link works now from here and the trailer looks nice. Fits the mower better.
    ---Meltedmetal

Comment

Nice work. And now I understand your photo posting frustration. I usually only post 3 or 4; posting all of those would take forever here. Nice documentation of the project! Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Meltedmetal View Post
        The link works now from here and the trailer looks nice. Fits the mower better.
        Meltedmetal I didn't use the website's photo link feature to post the pics, this time I just copied and pasted the link directly from Photobucket to my comment/post and it worked without a hitch. Yes and the trailer is still low enough the mower easy and safely goes up the ramps. Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
          Nice work. And now I understand your photo posting frustration. I usually only post 3 or 4; posting all of those would take forever here. Nice documentation of the project! Thank you.
          Always great to get a complement from you Aeronca41, thank you bud..

Comment

Working...
          X