Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snoeproe
    replied
    The oil you run in your bobcat should be related to the climate your operating the machine in.

Leave a comment:

• tarry99
    replied
    Zinc: Or ZDDP / ZDTP A hidden component in most engine oils of various PPM ( parts per million) that adds a clinging / coating effect to the lubrication.......Any motor oil you chose can be greatly enhanced by simply adding zinc separately during an oil change....and thus far increasing the PPM of any over the counter oils...........Welders , stationary equipment , cars and trucks can benefit by it during break-in or when these objects are only used once in a while during a cold start where metal to metal contact is possible if the component has not been ran for a while............the best advice for a piece of equipment that doesn't run all the time is to turn it over slowly...with either the coil wire or ignition off and let the oil pump move some lubrication around....starting them cold without any form of pre-lube is where all the damage occurs prior to getting oil pressure.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    That’s it!

Leave a comment:

• Meltedmetal
    replied
    ?

https://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/...-cooled-engine

Leave a comment:

• Kpack
    replied
    I believe Cruzier liked the diesel rated oil because of the zinc content.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I’m not sure if that’s the thread I was talking about. I didn’t read through the whole thing, hadn’t had a chance. The thread I’m talking about goes into detail about the ratings of oil for certain additives (what the letters mean in the oil designation, ASTM such and such...). It was cruzier or another experienced guy that mentioned about servicing some engine drives and seeing those with improper oil taking a dump with very few hours on them and others that used the proper oil last much much longer. It was a fairly technical heavy discussion.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I run 30w VR1.

There was a lot of info in that thread.

Leave a comment:

• Meltedmetal
    replied
    Is this the thread you seek?

https://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/...blem-need-help

Leave a comment:

• tarry99
    replied
    I have a 225G+ Bobcat / Onan KE758284 over 2900 hours and runs straight 30w detergent Pennz oil. .....No problems over the years......was taken down to be De-carboned and that's it..

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Originally posted by Chas007 View Post

What weight VR1?
    I went with Pennzoil full synthetic because synthetic supposedly runs cooler and 10w30 is recommended for my air temp region.
    I did a search for Cruzier's post, but there was a lot of them to go through. Didn't know what the title of that particular one was.
    I remember when that thread was ongoing. Don't remember the details, but I have been using the Pennzoil full synthetic 10w-30 in my Trailblazer since then. I don't use it (the machine) a lot, but so far, so good.

Leave a comment:

• Bushytails
    replied
    I've never ran anything other than whatever I was putting in my car at the time, usually generic 10w30...

Leave a comment:

• Chas007
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    You need to use the proper oil in that motor. Regular ole water cooled car engine oil is not the correct oil. We had a really long thread on the proper oil a couple years ago. You should search for that thread and read through it. After that discussion, I changed all my small engine oil to valvoline VR1 racing oil, just because it has the right stuff in it and it’s available locally for me.
    What weight VR1?
    I went with Pennzoil full synthetic because synthetic supposedly runs cooler and 10w30 is recommended for my air temp region.
    I did a search for Cruzier's post, but there was a lot of them to go through. Didn't know what the title of that particular one was.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    You need to use the proper oil in that motor. Regular ole water cooled car engine oil is not the correct oil. We had a really long thread on the proper oil a couple years ago. You should search for that thread and read through it. After that discussion, I changed all my small engine oil to valvoline VR1 racing oil, just because it has the right stuff in it and it’s available locally for me.

Leave a comment:

• Bushytails
    replied
    Also check the one around the fuel gauge, if it's similar to my 225nt.

Leave a comment:

• Chas007
    replied
    Originally posted by Bushytails View Post
    On my 225nt, a bad grommet was allowing rainwater and crap into the fuel tank... might want to check to see if yours has a similar issue.
    Yes the grommet is bad, but it had been stored inside for quite awhile so the gas went bad. I just bought it. I have ordered a fuel draw tube, 90° fitting and grommet for it. Once I get those installed and change the oil and oil filter it should be good to go. I'm going to use 10w30 full synthetic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X