Dialarc hf question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialarc hf question

I was lucky enough to aquire this retired dialarc hf, and it still works! But I cannot remember what this coil is for! Can anyone tell me?
    Attached Files

That is the coil for a gas or water solenoid valve.

Comment

Thank you sir. I'll look inside the cabinet and see where it might go. I thought maybe it was a coil for sending voltage or current on a cable.

Comment

Not sending but sensing

Comment

That is a pretty sorry looking water or gas valve.......Don't think I have ever seen one like that........water cooled torch? Where do the lines from the shielding gas bottle run to?

Comment

That coil goes on a stem that sticks out of the valve, like:
            ‚Äč
            I don't know what the exact valve you have looks like, but the coils all go on the same way. There's usually a clip of some kind that holds the coil onto the valve. If the clip is missing or damaged, a ziptie will work just fine.

It'll be in the shielding gas line, or if equipped for a water-cooled torch, in the water line. It could be someone's add-on for a water-cooled torch that has been removed, if it now has a gas-cooled torch, or a torch that runs to a separate cooler instead of an open-loop setup - that is, the valve it goes on could no longer be present.

If you don't have it, the manual for your machine should be https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow.../O315N_MIL.pdf

Comment

Thanks bushytails for the manual. You guys have been a big help.

Comment

Tarry99 this should show you
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by drbracket View Post
                  Tarry99 this should show you
                  Yeah I've owned a few of those in the past.......Buy a new gas valve and hook it up..

Comment

Working...
                  X