What wire feeder should I choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What wire feeder should I choose?

Hi everybody, I’m trying to find out what wire feeders are compatible with a cc machine, a miller syncrowave to be more exact. I am looking for a bench top feeder to run solid wire not flux cored. If you know of any models that could work for me or even better I’d you have one For sale, let me know.

thanks

Mig welding requires Constant Voltage. There's voltage sensing wire feeders just for this .Your Syncrowave is less than ideal. You will only be able to run hard wire in spray transfer. I don't think you will be happy with no short arc capabilities.
    Last edited by sledsports; 06-04-2021, 02:28 AM.
    Dynasty 400 Wireless
    Coolmate 3.5
    Aerowave loaded with Sequencer and pulse
    ​Watermate 1A
    ​Coolmate 3
    XMT350 CC/CV
    D74DX Feeder double the fun
    Optima Pulse Pendant
    WC24
    30A spoolgun
    Neverlast 100 amp plasma with Hyper Duramax torch
    Avortec 280 mig
    GO CNC Poweredge CC/CV pulse and double pulse
    Harris Old school 2 stage Oxy/Ace
    Victor flow meters
    Flametech Duel flowmeters
    Just a hilljack in the woods with fancy welding equipment
    and a pet Raccoon.

Comment

Hmm, the problem is I want to run higher amperage mig stuff but don’t have 3 phase power at my house. So I can’t use something like a miller deltaweld or Lincoln power wave. I can however get a large syncrowave like the 500 and get power that way but it’s not that ideal.

Comment

How much amperage do you think you need? Both Miller and Lincoln make commercial MIG machines/power supplies into the 350 amp range that will run on single phase. Some on either 1 or 3 phase.

---Meltedmetal
        Last edited by Meltedmetal; 06-04-2021, 01:28 PM.
        ---Meltedmetal

Comment

Originally posted by 72challengerman View Post
          Hmm, the problem is I want to run higher amperage mig stuff but don’t have 3 phase power at my house. So I can’t use something like a miller deltaweld or Lincoln power wave. I can however get a large syncrowave like the 500 and get power that way but it’s not that ideal.
          You need a XMT350. 425 amp.
          Dynasty 400 Wireless
          Coolmate 3.5
          Aerowave loaded with Sequencer and pulse
          ​Watermate 1A
          ​Coolmate 3
          XMT350 CC/CV
          D74DX Feeder double the fun
          Optima Pulse Pendant
          WC24
          30A spoolgun
          Neverlast 100 amp plasma with Hyper Duramax torch
          Avortec 280 mig
          GO CNC Poweredge CC/CV pulse and double pulse
          Harris Old school 2 stage Oxy/Ace
          Victor flow meters
          Flametech Duel flowmeters
          Just a hilljack in the woods with fancy welding equipment
          and a pet Raccoon.

Comment

Originally posted by 72challengerman View Post
            A Millermatic 350P is a 400A output machine that will run on single-phase. The XMT 350 Sled mentioned is another choice. Neither is cheap, but I expect that after you buy the wire feed for an XMT the 350P might be cheaper.

Comment

The synchrowave machines are not machines for mig welding. You won’t like how it welds with solid wire and a CC only machine.
              Lincoln Idealarc 250
              Miller Bobcat 250
              Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
              Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
              Torchmate CNC table

Comment

I have tried a wire feeder on a CC machine. Don't waste your time. You'll want to pick up a CV machine, or a dedicated MIG welder.

As someone already said, the XMT350 is a good welder, and will work on single phase. If you don't need quite that much current, the XMT304 is good too (somewhat better, imho), and older ones can be found quite affordably.

If you can get a screaming deal on a Syncro, it's time to learn TIG!

Comment

Working...
                X