Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rscott
    replied
    I’ve never fooled with the rheostat. Previous owner may have. I reversed the wires and now it’s like 127 volts ac on 10 and 90ish on 1.

Leave a comment:

• blue_tech
    replied
    It sounds like the rheostat is wired backwards. You should see about 90 VAC at the 120v recept with the fine control at 1 and about 125 VAC with the rheostat set at 10. Either way, the frequency at run speed should be about 62 hz and about 43 Hz at idle.

Leave a comment:

• 1997CST
    replied
    Has someone fooled with the rheostat? Have you welded with it to see if the heat increases when you turn the rheostat?

Leave a comment:

• Rscott
    replied
    OK, update!!! It was on 10 when I checked it yesterday. I just checked it again to make sure, dialed to 10 it reads 90-95 volts. For giggles I dialed the fine amp voltage back and the voltage began to increase. When I got to 1, it reads 127 VAC. !!??

Leave a comment:

• Kpack
    replied
    Good call on the fine control on 10 . Put it there and set the hz.

Leave a comment:

• smawgmaw
    replied
    Originally posted by snoeproe View Post
    Pretty sure the fine amp control dial needs to be cranked up to get the auxiliary power hertz up?
    I think so as well. I believe it needs to set at max setting to get full auxiliary output from the recepticles.

Leave a comment:

• snoeproe
    replied
    Pretty sure the fine amp control dial needs to be cranked up to get the auxiliary power hertz up?

Leave a comment:

• Rscott
    replied
    I set the low side to 43 and the high idle to 62.5. I do not have an RPM gauge.

Leave a comment:

• Kpack
    replied
    What did you set the hz at ? Do you know what rpm you’re running at ?
    You may need to clean the slip rings.

Leave a comment:

• Rscott
    started a topic Bobcat 225 Adjusting Idle/Hz/RPM and Voltage

Bobcat 225 Adjusting Idle/Hz/RPM and Voltage

Bobcat 225. I found here in the forum how to adjust low and high idle using a Hz meter. I did that and when I check AC voltage at the receptacle, I am only getting 90vac. Do I adjust the RPM higher or look for a problem somewhere else?
Working...
X