Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broken Welding Machines and Plasma Cutters

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broken Welding Machines and Plasma Cutters

    Hello,

    Please forgive me if this is outside of the rules on this board.

    I wanted to get the word out that I buy nearly any kind of modern-ish broken (mostly) welding machines and plasma cutters. I have been buying several victor brand and spectrum plasma cutters each month for nearly 3 years now and I am beginning to expand into welding machines. I have a particular affinity for the Thermal Arc, Thermal Dynamics, Tweco machines of days past, but I will consider purchasing every brand except for welders that are manufactured for/by and sold by Harbor Freight. My primary need is for inverter machines but I will on occasion take on a transformer machine if I can pick it up locally.

    So hey if you've got something that is just collecting dust and taking up space then send me a PM about it and I can get you a quote after asking you a few basic questions.

    I'm not going to offer you scrap value for any machine. I typically pay between $75 and $250 for non-working plug-in machines and between $250 and $500 for non working fuel powered/engine drive machines. Although many factors go into the quotes I provide.

    Thanks for reading
    Ian

  • #2
    Location?...Bob
    Bob Wright

    Comment


    • #3
      Feel free to send me broken inverter machines and plasma cutters, too!

      Comment


      • #4
        Shipping is not cheep

        Comment


        • #5
          I've got pallets of broken plasmas and inverters.
          DM me your phone #

          Comment


          • #6
            Well crap. I was mostly joking, but I would like to start doing more repairs to bring in some extra money at some point. I've gotten pretty good at making xmt304s work, and with one out of one, I have a 100% track record on dynastys! Too bad my day job, which I'm not even making any money at, has been keeping me way, way too busy lately...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bushytails View Post
              Well crap. I was mostly joking, but I would like to start doing more repairs to bring in some extra money at some point. I've gotten pretty good at making xmt304s work, and with one out of one, I have a 100% track record on dynastys! Too bad my day job, which I'm not even making any money at, has been keeping me way, way too busy lately...
              Bushytails do you know how to test the IGBTs and PC-2 on an xmt350? My capacitors exploded yesterday. Heard that it takes the IGBTs with them or the IGBT caused it and the PC-2 needs to be checked out and some resistors replaced at least if not an entirely new PC-2 interconnect board.

              Any help would be appreciated

              Comment


              • #8
                I haven't fixed an XMT350 yet. I have two in my to-fix pile, but I've been way too busy with my day job to poke at them yet, plus the skiip modules are very hard to find and expensive.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bushytails View Post
                  I haven't fixed an XMT350 yet. I have two in my to-fix pile, but I've been way too busy with my day job to poke at them yet, plus the skiip modules are very hard to find and expensive.
                  Are the new XMT350 that much different than the older ones? I know mine is a 2014 and new ones look identical with the same specs and features.
                  Dynasty 400 Wireless
                  Coolmate 3.5
                  Aerowave loaded with Sequencer and pulse
                  ​Watermate 1A
                  ​Coolmate 3
                  XMT350 CC/CV
                  D74DX Feeder double the fun
                  Optima Pulse Pendant
                  WC24
                  30A spoolgun
                  Neverlast 100 amp plasma with Hyper Duramax torch
                  Avortec 280 mig
                  GO CNC Poweredge CC/CV pulse and double pulse
                  Harris Old school 2 stage Oxy/Ace
                  Victor flow meters
                  Flametech Duel flowmeters
                  Just a hilljack in the woods with fancy welding equipment
                  and a pet Raccoon.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Torchplasmasales View Post
                    Hello,

                    Please forgive me if this is outside of the rules on this board.

                    I wanted to get the word out that I buy nearly any kind of modern-ish broken (mostly) welding machines and plasma cutters. I have been buying several victor brand and spectrum plasma cutters each month for nearly 3 years now and I am beginning to expand into welding machines. I have a particular affinity for the Thermal Arc, Thermal Dynamics, Tweco machines of days past, but I will consider purchasing every brand except for welders that are manufactured for/by and sold by Harbor Freight. My primary need is for inverter machines but I will on occasion take on a transformer machine if I can pick it up locally.

                    So hey if you've got something that is just collecting dust and taking up space then send me a PM about it and I can get you a quote after asking you a few basic questions.

                    I'm not going to offer you scrap value for any machine. I typically pay between $75 and $250 for non-working plug-in machines and between $250 and $500 for non working fuel powered/engine drive machines. Although many factors go into the quotes I provide.

                    Thanks for reading
                    Ian
                    Any interest in a good working Everlast 100s plasma? I want rid of it just because of the name on the side of it. Only reason. I'll never own another one.
                    Dynasty 400 Wireless
                    Coolmate 3.5
                    Aerowave loaded with Sequencer and pulse
                    ​Watermate 1A
                    ​Coolmate 3
                    XMT350 CC/CV
                    D74DX Feeder double the fun
                    Optima Pulse Pendant
                    WC24
                    30A spoolgun
                    Neverlast 100 amp plasma with Hyper Duramax torch
                    Avortec 280 mig
                    GO CNC Poweredge CC/CV pulse and double pulse
                    Harris Old school 2 stage Oxy/Ace
                    Victor flow meters
                    Flametech Duel flowmeters
                    Just a hilljack in the woods with fancy welding equipment
                    and a pet Raccoon.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by johhnyman View Post

                      Bushytails do you know how to test the IGBTs and PC-2 on an xmt350? My capacitors exploded yesterday. Heard that it takes the IGBTs with them or the IGBT caused it and the PC-2 needs to be checked out and some resistors replaced at least if not an entirely new PC-2 interconnect board.

                      Any help would be appreciated
                      I can't remember if I responded in a different thread, but there are pre-power checks in the technical manual. A very dated but still useable manual is available on Red-d-Arc (search support for Extreme 360). Go through all the pre-power checks. There are several diodes and a couple other test points you need to check on PC2. Make sure you also check and replace the bleeder resistors sitting right above the capacitors on PC2. That is an updated check in recent manuals. Those bleeder resistors have caused a lot of capacitors to fail.
                      Hope this helps,
                      Jon

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I apologize for the long delay in my response. I believe that I have messaged everyone who asked for more info. If I missed you then please PM me. Thanks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sledsports View Post

                          Any interest in a good working Everlast 100s plasma? I want rid of it just because of the name on the side of it. Only reason. I'll never own another one.

                          http://www.everlastwelds.fi/english/...Plasma100.html

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by johhnyman View Post

                            Bushytails do you know how to test the IGBTs and PC-2 on an xmt350? My capacitors exploded yesterday. Heard that it takes the IGBTs with them or the IGBT caused it and the PC-2 needs to be checked out and some resistors replaced at least if not an entirely new PC-2 interconnect board.

                            Any help would be appreciated
                            Johnnyman,
                            sorry for the late response, but follow the pre-power checks in the technical manual for the XMT350. If you're following an older technical manual, also check the resistance of the bleed resistors across the capacitors. If you have the black bleed resistors, there's a good chance that one failed, which will take out your capacitor.

                            Jon

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X