rfc-14 and rfc-23 interchangeable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rfc-14 and rfc-23 interchangeable

I know the cabling on these is different, but inside the control box, are they similar. People have said the rfc-14 is different, and yet there are references that it has the same linear power resistor in the box as the rfc-23. Cabling is easy to change as well as connectors.

Originally posted by 07wingnut View Post
    I know the cabling on these is different, but inside the control box, are they similar. People have said the rfc-14 is different, and yet there are references that it has the same linear power resistor in the box as the rfc-23. Cabling is easy to change as well as connectors.
    They aren't the same internally. The RFC-23A and RFC-23AG have 15 Ohm resistors. Those are the kind you need for the machines with two separate plugs like the 330 A/BP.

The RFC-14 and RFCS-23 both have a 1000 Ohm resistor (same pedals with a different plug basically). The RFCS-23 was only used for a couple of years before they dropped the 5-pin and went to the 14-pin plug.

There is also an RFC-23GD25A that I have never seen, but it's listed as having a 25 Ohm resistor.

Comment

Completely different animals. The 14 incorporates a 3-wire potentiometer whereas the 23 uses a large ceramic resistor and wiper.
      MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
      Syncrowave 180 SD
      Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
      *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
      *HF-251D-1
      *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
      PakMaster 100XL
      Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
      http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
        Completely different animals. The 14 incorporates a 3-wire potentiometer whereas the 23 uses a large ceramic resistor and wiper.
        I'm sure you've forgotten more about welders than I'll ever know, but the RFC-14 uses a ceramic resistor and wiper....1000 Ohm, part number 175264.

The RFCS-14 uses a 3-wire potentiometer...wedge shaped rather than the kick box style.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I'll stop looking at the rfc-14 and consider making my own from a 15 ohm variable tube resistor, or maybe a rotary 15ohm 150 watt potentiometer.

Comment

Originally posted by G-ManBart View Post

I'm sure you've forgotten more about welders than I'll ever know, but the RFC-14 uses a ceramic resistor and wiper....1000 Ohm, part number 175264.
            I stand corrected. Looked at the wrong unit.

MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
            Syncrowave 180 SD
            Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
            *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
            *HF-251D-1
            *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
            PakMaster 100XL
            Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
            http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Working...
            X